Need Help with Smugmug Pro Account

I just opened and activated a Smugmug Pro account today, set up my website and set prices, etc. However, when I enter my site as a visitor would and go to a gallery, I don't see either the "Buy" or "View Cart" buttons that I see on other Smugmug-powered sites.

I've looked all thru Smugmug's Help pages, but I can't find anything addressing this issue. I thought that after setting my prices these buttons would show up automatically, but I must have missed a step somewhere. :confused:

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!

Guest-004

Hmmm. I am not a pro user but I have found with similar questions I asked smug mug they were very prompt and helpful in their answer. I would try with them. The customer service is excellent.

Hmmm. I am not a pro user but I have found with similar questions I asked smug mug they were very prompt and helpful in their answer. I would try with them. The customer service is excellent.
Thanks. That's what I've done. Eagerly awaiting their response.

I found using SmugMug was not intuitive to me. If I had the same problem as you do when I started, it would be either I did not set the gallery to enable printing (chose the gallery - -click customize - make sure printable is checked yes - make sure to save) or I had everything set up for one gallery, created a 2nd gallery, and assumed the new gallery would be just lilke the first.

I found using SmugMug was not intuitive to me. If I had the same problem as you do when I started, it would be either I did not set the gallery to enable printing (chose the gallery - -click customize - make sure printable is checked yes - make sure to save) or I had everything set up for one gallery, created a 2nd gallery, and assumed the new gallery would be just lilke the first.
Yup. That was it. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
One Last Thing to Work Out

OK -- I've finally worked through most issues in setting up my Smugmug website. However, one important glitch remains.

When I started setting up my galleries (using LR2's Smugmug Plug-in) I arbitrarily limited the size of the uploaded images to 1800 pixels on the long edge. I want to offer all of my images up for sale up to 16x20, but for these first images where I limited the uploaded size, visitors get a message that any sizes over 4x6 aren't available for purchase because the (uploaded) image is too small.

So, I uploaded a number of subsequent images with no size limit (ie - at full size JPGs converted from NEF). These imagesare available for purchase at all sizes, but they take forever to upload. I'm trying to strike a compromise between the size I need to offer up to 16x20 prints and upload time.

Can anyone recommend a size that I should use for uploaded JPGs (measured in pixels on the long edge) to use, in order to be able to offer them for salt at 16x20?

Thanks!

i guess it depends on your internet connection speed. I have cable and I use LR plugin to upload directly to my smugmug. Last time I checked, It took me an hour and half for uploading 150 full res image. Thats not bad actually. all you gotta do is to set everything up, start the upload and go away for lunch, dinner whatever. Dont sit in front of the computer waiting :D

I just opened and activated a Smugmug Pro account today, set up my website and set prices, etc. However, when I enter my site as a visitor would and go to a gallery, I don't see either the "Buy" or "View Cart" buttons that I see on other Smugmug-powered sites.

I've looked all thru Smugmug's Help pages, but I can't find anything addressing this issue. I thought that after setting my prices these buttons would show up automatically, but I must have missed a step somewhere. :confused:

Can someone help me out with this?

Thanks!
I know there are smuggers here but really you should post this on DGRIN.....the smuggers help forum.....I do not know if you even knew it existed...........they will help with all probs dealing with SM and it like here is a free forum..........I like here better but do go there also........

one of the help items I read on Smugmug was to make the long side 2160

also, put a 7 day delay in the printing option - this will let you upload a full res file if it gets purchased

uploading high res images has not been a problem for me. i'm going to receive tests prints from them before i even activate the buying system.
one strategy is to upload smaller, non-PP files, which has a much quicker upload process

Then if the image is purchased, you have 7 days to PP and upload the full res file

For sporting events and event photography, this makes a big difference in your time on the computer after a soccer game with 400 shots - and 100 to upload

For landscape, portrait and animals etc. this would not be such a concern - take your time and post them when they are ready

For sporting events and event photography, this makes a big difference in your time on the computer after a soccer game with 400 shots - and 100 to upload
I go ahead and upload all of them at hi res so I don't have to go back and spend time uploading later on. I do batch PP using DXO and then upload after that. I would rather be done with it and move on.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom