Need ideas......

Discussion in 'People' started by Terri French, Jun 14, 2007.

1. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    A dear friend (like a sister) is getting married for the first time on Saturday. It is a second marriage for him. They are in their late 40s.

If any of you have shot wedding photos of a similar couple I would love to see some examples for ideas.

They didn't hire a photographer and have asked me to do what I can. I'm nervous, but will do my best.

There will be no photos allowed during the ceremony, but I will be taking some outdoor photos of them after.

Thanks for any inspiration you can share.

2. If it's any consolation, I'd hire you! You do such nice work.

3. Me, too!

:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

4. Terri, I would PM Uncle Frank...he did one not too long ago...

5. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Thanks for the vote of confidence. I'll try to remember that!! I'll PM Uncle Frank right away!!

6. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    I think you will do a great job Terri - your exposures are always excellent. Here's a few technical things that I have learned from my outdoor shoots. Pre-walk the site during the same time of day, so you can look at the light and pick out suitable locations. Try to stay out of the sun unless it's around 1.5 hours before sunset. If this is not possible, bring a 48 inch diffuser and an assistant to hold it for you. Photoflex makes a great 5-in-1 diffuser/reflector that also has a white side for bouncing. If possible put your subjects in the shade and bounce the light onto them. Use your highlights setting on your LCD - this is very helpful when shooting a white dress. Bring an SB600/800 or use the on camera flash (last resort) to fill if needed. You will get beautiful results if the timing is right with the setting sun behind your subjects, and a soft fill on the front of them.

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    You've given me some great suggestions. I have a reflector like the one you describe. I'll pack it right now!! I'm also charging all my flash batteries. I can't check out the site ahead at the same time of day since I live 4 hours away. But I will check it out in the morning before the wedding. Thanks again, for your time.

8. GoGo

GoGo

Apr 20, 2006
    New York
    Film

Dear Terri,
    Do everyone a favour and bring a film camera loaded with B/W film maybe some TMY (kodak) and shoot it liberally.
    Enjoy the day, and remember to talk to people for interaction and direction!
    Ciao,
    Giorgio

9. joepilot

joepilot

Mar 21, 2007
    Richmond Va.
    Terri after looking at your web site and your photo's you won't have any problems A classy Lady will do a classy job . Just have fun