Need identification for my grandson

We are staying in St. George, Utah for a couple of days. My grandson and I saw this bird this afternoon. It was far away but we could tell that it was very big. This is a horrible photo, but I'm wondering if someone could tell me what kind of bird it is. We were guessing maybe a Golden Eagle, but are not sure.
DSC_3353.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

We love St. George! Try to make your way over to Snow Canyon State Park for some beautiful, easy and accessible hiking.

122317-8-XL.jpg

We love St. George! Try to make your way over to Snow Canyon State Park for some beautiful, easy and accessible hiking.

View attachment 1677627
Thanks, Mitch. We spent the day there yesterday. We are with our grandsons ages 6, 4, 2 and the hikes were perfect for them. They loved the sand dunes. My son-in-law’s parents just bought a large, beautiful second home here for their family to vacation in. My daughter invited us to come and spend the weekend here with them. We are coming back in March for spring break with more of the family. I’m very grateful! We will probably be coming here at least a couple of times a year now. I’m sure Snow Canyon will become a favorite place.

Thanks, Mitch. We spent the day there yesterday. We are with our grandsons ages 6, 4, 2 and the hikes were perfect for them. They loved the sand dunes. My son-in-law’s parents just bought a large, beautiful second home here for their family to vacation in. My daughter invited us to come and spend the weekend here with them. We are coming back in March for spring break with more of the family. I’m very grateful! We will probably be coming here at least a couple of times a year now. I’m sure Snow Canyon will become a favorite place.

That's great! We try to go there over December and stay at a resort right outside the park. You will have so much to explore! The petrified dunes are great for the little kids. Also some nice slot canyons for them to explore right off the road. As they get older, there is a nice bike trail and some more extensive hikes. It's really a gem.

That's great! We try to go there over December and stay at a resort right outside the park. You will have so much to explore! The petrified dunes are great for the little kids. Also some nice slot canyons for them to explore right off the road. As they get older, there is a nice bike trail and some more extensive hikes. It's really a gem.
It sure is!

We are staying in St. George, Utah for a couple of days. My grandson and I saw this bird this afternoon. It was far away but we could tell that it was very big. This is a horrible photo, but I'm wondering if someone could tell me what kind of bird it is. We were guessing maybe a Golden Eagle, but are not sure.
It's a juvenile Bald Eagle with 100% certainty.

top = bald
bottom = golden
Eagle ID.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom