1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Need new camera bag

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by Steve S, May 29, 2007.

1. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I've decided it's time to replace my very old (smaller) camera bag. I want to be able to put my camera with my 70-200VR mounted into it, along with my 28-70 (beast), and have just enough room left over for an SB800. Can't do a backpack due to a bad left-side neck problem, but could sling something over my right shoulder.
    Any suggestions?

2. Crumpler 7miilon will work like a champ

3. Lowepro Sling 300? Vienna Pics has one, looks useful. The 200 model won't take the 70-200VR.

Rich

4. What he said and there is a slightly used one for sale here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Nope,

With Dave's recommendation, I did a little research on this Crumpler 7 Million, and whle looks non-camera bag-like, and does hold a 2x w/70-200 attached, it won't carry the additional lenses simultaneously. Various reviewers made that statment, and showed pics.
    I ended up going with Rich's recommendation of the Lowepro Slingshot 300AW. Got it on Ebay from "Sell-n-Send" for $94.95 and free shipping.

6. Hey Steve,

After you receive the bag how about give some feedback on how the bag works out for the D2x 70-200 and 28-70. It seems I am always looking for a better bag that will accommodate the D2x/70-200vr plus an additional lens.

7. rsprouse

rsprouse

Jan 25, 2006
    Encinitas CA
    I have a bunch of bags and packs. My most recent addition was the Lowepro Slingshot 300AW. I like it a lot. Yes, it will hold the D2Xs with the 70-200 mounted. I usually carry it with the 28-70 mounted in the main compartment, the 70-200 in the top compartment, and a bunch of other lenses surrounding the camera (12-24, 85PC. 85 f/1.4, 105DC, 50 f/1.4, 1.4x TC, plus a Sekonic incident meter) and the SB800 in its case sitting on top of the camera/lens. Accessories like the polarizer and 500D along with aspare battery, pen and tablet and business cards go in the little front compartment.

This stuff weighs a ton, but I like having choices when I'm out and about. You ought to see my BIG kit! :biggrin:

-- Russ

8. Brian-S

Brian-S

Feb 10, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    I'm also looking for a bag for this exact combination of d2 body with 70-200 attached, one more lens and sb-800.

Brian

9. I'm hoping to find something similar but after going through 5 different shoulder bags and two sling bags my bad back and I have decided that I’m going to have to go with a small backpack.

10. If Kiesel ever relaunches the MX400 bag, it's exactly what you're looking for. I use mine to carry a D200 w/grip and 70-200 attached, Beast, SB-800, 10.5 fisheye, 50 1.8, D70 body, and a TC. I could fit more into it, but I really don't want to carry that much stuff around.

11. DBrim

DBrim

May 30, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Let me know what you find. I have a small lowepro right now, and it already can't fit my 70-300. I like backpacks, so that would be beneficial to me as well. I'd like to be able to carry around the 18-55, 70-300, 50/1.8 (so small that it's likely not a problem), and eventually the camera with either 12-24 or 18-200 attached. Oh yeah, and I'd like it to be waterproof, too.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.