1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Need opinion on white balance

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by cknight, Jul 14, 2007.

1. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    I'm not sure if this is the best place for this question, so a mod can move it if it belongs somewhere else... anyway...

I would like to know your opinions on which white balance setting looks best for this picture..

Image (1) WB set to 3400K (incandescent photolamp, I'm guessing that is what is used to light the tower)
    [​IMG]

Image (2) Or the grey point taken off of the building in the background
    [​IMG]

Thanks

2. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    I prefer the first shot. The warmer light on the tower looks much better.

3. #2 Looks more real

I really like #1, but I think that #2 looks more real. I doubt that the building in the background is pinkish. I tall depends on what look you are going for. What does your memory tell you?

4. jcovert

jcovert Guest

I like #1 the best. Sky looks nicer.

5. I like #1 much better, definitely prefer the warmer light. #2 looks more flat, and also lighter, as you can see more detail in the small palms at the base of the tower (the ones with the green lights).

6. #2 is a lot more realistic.

7. Looks like the opinions are split on this one. I prefer No. 2.

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    I like both. Final decision is yours:>)))

I think you could fix the perspective though:>))

9. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    Looks like the consensus is unanimously indecisive :) 
    And I agreed with the consensus. I liked the color of #1, but #2 looked more realistic. I don't remember how it really looked. That's what pictures are for!!:actions1:

Gale : WB first, then fix perspective :smile:

10. If you like the color of #1, then go with it. This is your picture for you and that is what matters. :smile:

11. racerx1

racerx1

Jan 13, 2006
    northern NJ
    I like #1, the color "pops". #2 is more realistic but looks more "ordinary".

12. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I prefer the look of #1, I always prefer a warmer tone.

13. I like both - #2 is more realistic I think.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.