Need opinions on my daughter's portrait

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Sep 27, 2008.

1. I'm planning on making a large sign-in board for my daughter's upcoming Bat Mitvah. I'm going to print this large with a broad, white border for people to write on. This will be on an easel as the guests arrive.

Any comments or preferences on these shots? She selected the attire, so I don't have much to add there. I could reshoot if needed.

381445769_qwgNZ-XL.

381446014_2osbu-XL.

3. (tighter crop of #2)
    381444842_xJeLV-XL.

4. In the backyard
    381447846_zMthN-XL.

2. My favorite is the last one. superb work on that!

3. 1 - #4
    2 - #2 (a close second)
    3 - #3
    4 - #1 (this pose looks odd to me and very uncomfortable.

Nicely done Mitch.

4. nshape

nshape

Jul 25, 2006
    NB Canada
    4 is my favorite,.,and then 2.
    She is pretty! Love her catchy smile!!

5. What Anthony said. :) 

6. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    I have to vote for #2 - she just looks so relaxed and natural - love the pose. She does have a very sweet smile!

7. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    #2 and #4 are my favorites

#1 is a great expression but her lower leg looks distorted? Or just awkward posing?? Something not quite right.

I really like the hint of backlighting in #4

She is beautiful! Nicely done

8. niknd501

niknd501

May 13, 2006
    Illinois
    Mitch these are all good.

Personally I think #2 is outstanding. With that said maybe one of the others may work
    out better for sitting on an easel. My next choice would be #4.

Great work here. I hope she has a wonderful day.

9. 2, 2 has a relaxed pose, very well done in all regards

10. #2 is my favorite, it's a nicely flowing pose with complementary lighting.

11. PhotogWannabe

PhotogWannabe

Mar 19, 2007
    BC
    #4, #2 then #3. #1 looks great if you crop to just above her knee.

12. #2 is fantastic. Lighting, pose, expression... everything. It belongs on a billboard.

13. I like #3 the most. #4 second, though I find her left arm a little stiff. Same for her knee in #1. I am not sure I like the dark lighting of her feet in #2.

Her smile is sweet and natural in all these shots. You capture them well.

14. Thanks for the kind comments, everyone!!

Stefanie's favorite shot was #2. Our only concern is the landscape orientation and having this on an easel for signing. I'm thinking of adding a large, white border for people to write on.

Thanks again!

15. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    #2 is my favorite, followed closely by #4.

She's just lovely.

16. 2 and 4. I think what adds to the awkwardness in 1 is that she i leaning forward and the crop is right above her head. It is as if the top of the image is forcing her to bend forward, if you know what I mean??

17. btbD3

btbD3

Jun 17, 2008
    Iowa
    Very nice shots, #2 is my favorite.

18. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Mitch,

I did this recently for a couple for their wedding. What we did was get a large mat at a local craft store (michaels, AC more) frame it and this is what it looked like

19. This is standard fare for my weddings. I always gift a signing frame to the bride and groom, using a picture taken at the engagement shoot or at the rehearsal. For wedding with up to 100 guests, I use an 11x14 frame matted for a 5x7 print. For large weddings, I'll use a 16x20 frame matted for 8x10.

I've tried that, but folks can't write well unless you lay the frame down flat. Note that people will invariably write on the edges of the matt, which will be covered after it's reinserted into the frame. To avoid that, I remove the glass, but put the picture back into the frame for the signing.

View attachment 258098

Hope that helps.

20. Dan, that looks excellent. An elegant presentation that my prevent the kids from doodling too much on the photo.

Thanks for the tip.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.