Need Point And Shoot Reccomendations For My Wife

My wife has rheumatoid arthritis and an associated lung disease and can no longer handle her D300 and would like a good point and shoot.

Something with a decent zoom, excellent IQ, IS I suppose if possible and something which doesn't require 10 seconds to shoot the image after you press the shutter button.

Is there anything specifically you folks might recommend?

It will be for casual landscapes, people and perhaps a flower of neat pile of rocks along the shore some times...nothing horribly high tech.

Any recommendation would be greatly appreciated.

Price isn't a huge concern.

My dad recently got the Nikon S600 and really likes it. It's about the size of a deck of cards and is super fast at startup. It has the VR system built in as well. I'm going to get one for myself to carry in my shirt pocket for when I don't want to haul around all my expensive stuff.

We have had a few of the Canon "A" series and find them to be excellent.
I've also tried out a few other brands of P&S and came back to the Canon.

Not sure if the weight is an issue, or using the optical viewfinder. But have you considered a D40? Compared to a D300 it is pretty much a compact!

Jim :

I'm a big fan of the Canon Elph series. I had the first one out of the gate, the S100, and it was a tank. Durable, decent IQ (for the time), and good battery life. Subsequent models have improved on the IQ a fair bit, as well as some features, although the body durability isn't quite as good as the early ones.

Doesn't shoot RAW, however.

John P.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom