Need some help.

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by iShoot, Jul 22, 2008.

1. iShoot

iShoot

Feb 1, 2008
    Stockton,CA
    I really like the way my colors looked on my recent photos, I usually shoot raw, but this time I shot jpeg to my own settings. My settings were +1 Sharpening,+ 1 Tone Compensation, and Saturation to Enhanced.

My recent photos would be all the first 2-3 pages, www.flickr.com/turb0edbaboy.

I like the colors and the contrast, is there away to take my RAW images to look like that? I just need some kind of idea, though I may get responses to "use your mind and eyes" type of things. I just need somehwere to start, thanks!

2. Which raw converter do you use....?? :confused: 

3. iShoot

iShoot

Feb 1, 2008
    Stockton,CA
    I use ACR.

4. Well....I looked at your site and I like your photos :smile:

There are sliders in ACR for each of the settings you have adjusted for your jpgs... I'd suggest just playing with these (especially the saturation one) till you start getting what you want.... hope this helps :smile::rolleyes: 

5. iShoot

iShoot

Feb 1, 2008
    Stockton,CA
    Yea, it does somewhat, any more suggestions?

6. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    Hi Don,
    Your camera settings would give those jpgs. some extra punch, for sure.
    If you want to give your raw images some zip, I'd first click on the tone curve button
    (second from left) click on the "Parametric" tab and play with those sliders a bit to bump up the contrast. Then click on the HSL/Grayscale button (forth from the left) and try both the saturation, and the Luminance sliders. You can check/uncheck the preview box on top to see how your settings are changing the image.

Have fun!

7. iShoot

iShoot

Feb 1, 2008
    Stockton,CA
    Is this in ACR,and where is the parametric tab?

8. Khaisy

Khaisy

Jan 3, 2008
    California
    Yes it is, it is the second tab

9. iShoot

iShoot

Feb 1, 2008
    Stockton,CA
    Thanks! I have figured what i wanted. Mods please delete this thread.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.