1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Need Some input!

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Ryan Bradford, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Ryan Bradford

Ryan Bradford

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester
    Ok So i just purchased Topaz Adjust and I tried it out, Now i just want to know how it looks versus the old image. Critique the crap out of the picture i dont mind. If my Topaz job stinks please tell me.

ORIGINAL
    3596632035_43e6330021_b.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

NEW

View attachment 390157

2. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Hey Ryan can you give some more specifics like presets,etc.Looks pretty good for first try out.Some people like to go heavier on the sliders.I think you did good and it looks like you like the saturation slider.
    I always say it's what you like that counts.Keep playing as it becomes addicting.Here's the syle I like to do.Good luck

DSC_9906copy.jpg

3. Nice job, Ryan! Really adds some punch to an "ordinary" shot. :smile:

4. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    I find that I change how I use Topaz Adjust based on each photo. Choose various presets and then play with a lot of the controls. Fine tune it to express what you are trying to convey!

5. dx379

dx379

Jul 9, 2008
    Tulsa, OK
    Ryan,

It seems kind of plain and boring to me. Just brighter. Trying adding some "coolness" to it like Arnie does with his cars...

Jonny

6. Ryan Bradford

Ryan Bradford

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester
    thanks for all the comments everyone.

I decided to try one more thing, let me know what you think about this one

3792058335_f2d7449a88_b.png

7. mrtac2man

mrtac2man

Jun 3, 2005
    CT
    like the second one.. but you have to be careful with topaz.. you will get halo's like you see in the blue

8. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Now thats what I'm talking about. Just a little noise reduction but your on the right track.

9. Ryan Bradford

Ryan Bradford

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester
    ya the second one i think i need to take down a notch it's starting to look to colorful i dont want it to look fake.

10. The second on is much better. Way to go

11. jeffjenkins1

jeffjenkins1

Apr 6, 2009
    Akron, OH
    Looks good, I like the second one.

Jeff

12. Ryan Bradford

Ryan Bradford

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester
    Ok here is a new set i touched up i deleted old ones of flickr so they might come up un-viewable

Before Topaz
    3709313714_a18e515aa2_b.png

After Topaz
    View attachment 390161

So what looks better? I still want the image to look real, not cartoony and over done.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.