Need some quick advice ... BABY PIX X 4!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Minuteman3, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Maybe I should have posted this here rather than in the Portrait forum.

Some friends called asking me to take some photos for them this afternoon. Now ... what makes this a REAL challenge?

The subjects will be a Mom, a Dad, and their 6-month old QUADRUPLETS!!

Since the kids have a hard time sitting up by themselves, I need to come up with a pose, or poses, and some ideas on how to make the family look terrific!!

I don't have time to get my hands on a backdrop, but I'm pretty sure I can fix that in PP.

I'd probably also LIKE to have another SB800, but there is not time to get one. I think I can make due, especially since it should be bright inside the house.

I know we must have them fed and rested and in a "good mood" --- like we can do that with quads!!

H E L P !!

Cheers!!

Ken

2. spencer313

spencer313 Guest

My best group shot trick:

Use a tripod and release. Take LOTS of shots. You can then use multiple layers in photoshop, and you can choose the best facial expressions for each person and blend them in.

3. Thanks folks ... but I am OFF the hook! They decided to go the mall and see a "pro". For a more formal kind of shot, I wholeheartedly agree that's a better choice. One day, I am going over some "candid" shots of the quads.

Thanks for the suggestions!!

Cheers!!

Ken

4. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    Whew....You would have been in for a real workout. I tried taking a photo of my daughter, her husband, two year old, and infant twins. It was a fiasco. Quads would have been even worse.....well maybe not.....the two year old was the terror. I've learned to bribe him with candy in exchange for posing.

5. Terri

I tried to get some shots during their baptism and gave up trying to get them all to stop crying at the same time!! One always was "busy" ...

:smile:

Great family and the babies are adorable. Of course, I only hold one for a few minutes at church!!

I simply cannot imagine the "terrible two's" X 4!!

Cheers!!

Ken