Need source for photo mounting supplies.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vernon t, Dec 9, 2005.

1. We (6 docs) are doing a new office soon.

I and a couple of other partners want to display our photos as decor in exam rooms, halls, etc. I'd like easy-changeability as the mood and vacations and seasons allow so I don't want permanent framing.

12x18's and 8x12's likely.

Perhaps 50 to 70 total.

Anybody have good experiences and suggestions regarding a source for quality and cost-effective source for mounting supplies on-line or wherever.
    Retail like Hobby-Lobby and Michaels are possibilities.
    On line, I suspect, offers more choices.

2. Your local Fast Frame should be another option to consider...

3. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    I have very well with mattes and frames at Hobby Lobby. I have used Michaels twice with less success. Hobby Lobby's pricing and service are unmatched with the other local storefront competition. I am going to look at the links that others have provided, it never hurts to check out what online businesses have to offer. Thanks.

4. As you mentioned that you'd like to easily change them, you might want to check out the Format brand frames in places like Michael's. They come in fixed sizes from 3x5 to 20x24. Pop the glass (or maybe it's plexiglass) out of the slim black frame, pop your print in, pop the glass back in and you're done. :wink: I use them all the time in my home because I change the images often. Good luck.

5. Thanks all.
    Michael's happens to have a bunch of frames half price through today so I may grab some.
    16x20 matted to 11x14 for 12.50 to $20.

The custon shop is expensive since we need 50 or 60.
    $1000 is managable. $4-$5000 and my partners would kick my heine......!
    thanks.