1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Need Suggestions for a Group Shoot

Discussion in 'People' started by OldGuy, Jul 21, 2008.

1. The second week-end in August, I have been asked to take the official group portrait at my 50th high school reunion (no comments about my user name, OK...:smile: ). So, the shoot will be outside, weather permitting @ around 6:30 PM. there will be about 100 in the group.

I am using my D200 and I will most likely use my Sigma 24 1.8. Or, should I spring for the Sigma 24-70 2.8 ( the NIkon is out of budget range at the moment ) to give me some versatility throughout the weekend? Other lenses I have are: 70-200 AFS VR 2.8, 85 1.8, 50 1.8, plus the TC14 and TC 17-all Nikon.

Now the big question. I have 2 SB800's, 2 45" white umbrellas with 10' stands which can be reversed to shoot thru, and 2 Lightspheres. I want to use the SB800's as fill, but with that size group, should I use them sans umbrellas and dial them down or not, and how should I position them with or without the umbrellas?

I will use the lightspheres inside for candids to eliminate red-eye.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Regards,

John Walker
    A Kalamazoo Nikonian

2. stayathomedad

stayathomedad

Mar 11, 2008
    Alaska
    can you post an image of the location at the time in question?

3. Unfortunately, I won't be able to get to the site until the week of the reunion due to the distance and other commitments.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.