Need to unload some...

After a day at the hospital with Monica on Monday, she was in such a state that I called her Oncologist over to see what was going on (before she left to go to an external phisical rehabilitation center). She was dangerously weak, sleeping a lot, slurring her words, almost catatonic at times and a lot of 1000-yard-staring. Her Onc thought at first she may have had a drug reaction (because of the witches brew of pain relievers and other things sh has been taking), but then reconsidered and said "some else is going on here" and ordered an immediate MRI, PT is off the options table now. Also had a hallway conversation with me about now is the time for a DNR and how she was so weak that any more chemo would kill her. Results came back Tuesday morning and I received a phone call from her Onc saying that Monica's MRI images were showing multiple lesions in her brain and in particular in her brains-stem, which accounted for her bizarre actions on Monday. Recommended she receive full brain radiation with high intensity X-rays followed by hospice and periodic reviews. Radiation starts Thursday for 10 consecutive days.

Monday was not a good day for me. Please continue your prayers for Monica as I will be MIA for a while.

Thanks to all,
Nick

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Nick, Words cannot express my sorrow and concern. Prayers are all I have....try to find strength in HIM and your family.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
All the positive thoughts that I have are headed your way, Gonzo. Prayers have been ascended on Monica's (and your) behalf.

Heartfelt prayers for Monica and yourself. For a sense of humanity amidst the hardware and cold science of the hospitals. For faith during treatments and decisions. And calmness by knowing the Lord is always there. And peace in your heart.

You and Monica have often been in my thoughts, we have traveled similar paths, but your burden is so much more than ours ever was. I truly wish I could lift your load.

Real Name
Chris
My thoughts are with you Nick.

I'm somewhat familiar with modern radiotherapy, and just in the last year there have been some amazing advances in the results, especially with the high energy "blade" types. Keep your and Monica's hope fresh.

Nick - You need all the strength you can muster-thoughts and prayers are with you, seek strength from above.

Dear Lord of Mercy and Father of Comfort,
You are the One I turn to for help in moments of weakness and times of need. I ask you to be with your servant in this illness. Psalm 107:20 says that you send out your Word and heal. So then, please send your healing Word to your servant. In the name of Jesus, drive out all infirmity and sickness from her body.

Dear Lord, I ask you to turn this weakness into strength, suffering into compassion, sorrow into joy, and pain into comfort for others. May your servant trust in your goodness and hope in your faithfulness, even in the middle of this suffering. Let her be filled with patience and joy in your presence as she waits for your healing touch.

Please restore your servant to full health, dear Father. Remove all fear and doubt from her heart by the power of your Holy Spirit, and may you, Lord, be glorified through her life.

As you heal and renew your servant, Lord, may she bless and praise you.

All of this I pray in the name of Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Nick,
Words cannot express how sorry I am for your time of difficulty. My prayers go out to you and your family and friends. Monica is lucky to have a man as strong and compasisonate as you by her side. You are a true hero. I will keep all of you in my prayers.

Brandon

Latest threads

Top Bottom