1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

.NEF plugin for Photoshop CS2

Discussion in 'Adobe Processing Products' started by goodcase, Jul 30, 2008.

1. I just shot raw for the first time since I've had my macs (i used to shoot raw when i had my PC's). I have Photoshop CS2...I cannot find the proper plugin to get my raw pics from my D300 to work in photoshop CS2. Im running leopard 10.5.4.

Can anybody set me in the right direction to get this working?

2. You have to go to CS3, sorry.

Nancy

3. that is so very, very annoying.

4. If you don't want to upgrade to CS3 the only way is to use the latest Adobe DNG Converter and convert you NEFs to DNGs. These can be processed by CS2 without any problems.

5. Yes it is. It's about the only real gripe I have with Adobe, but I doubt if it will change anytime soon.

Look at the bright side. CS3 is a HUGE improvement over CS2 and although the upgrade costs more than pocket change, it's a worthwhile upgrade.

Unfortunately, CS4 is apparently right around the corner and that makes planning for an upgrade even more mysterious.

A second approach to the problem would be to shift your work flow to Lightroom, which is a great program, and save your CS2 for the occasional pixel level adjustment that might be required. It all depends on what you do with your photos, but the latest Lightroom apparently has localized adjustments. For photographers it has a great deal of appeal.

By the way, the latest ACR version is great and supports a whole new way of doing custom camera calibration. Both CS3 and Lightroom are compatible.

6. Or you could pp in NX2, which I do, save as tiff, and keep using your CS2 no problems.

Nancy

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.