nef to jpef conversion (for smugmug site)

Discussion in 'Nikon Capture and View NX' started by StephanieHelen, Jun 28, 2007.

1. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    What do you use for conversion from nef to jpeg?

Thanks,
    Stephanie

2. I use Aperture, Lightroom and CS3/Bridge. All do it fine. What are you using?

3. I use Aperture most of the time.... Just got CS3 and will be loading it into the machine shortly, but in the past I have used CS2 and Bridge. Tried Lightroom in one of their earliest beta versions but at that point decided to stick with Aperture.

If you are using Windows, then Aperture is not an option for you, as it is on the Mac platform only.

4. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    I tried lightroom, but imports only 60 images, so on to capture one. I converted and the jpegs appear to have a film over them, as if I updated exposure and did not update the offset. I have a couple hundred images that need to be uploaded to smugmug, so trying to get there

5. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    Thanks Connie, I guess i have to find out what went wrong with capture one

6. Can't help you there....never tried Capture One. It does sound as though something is not right somewhere along the line, though, if the images appear to have a "film" over them.

Do you have Photoshop Elements or any version of Photoshop? Adobe Camera Raw might help....

7. bubz

bubz

Jul 5, 2006
    Oklahoma City, OK
    I use CS3, never heard of Lightroom or Aperature?

8. Stephanie, I have responded regarding the 60 images at your post about it. Something is not correct as I can import 10k images at once.