Neighborhood Cherry Blossums

Real Name
Mike
Location is Huntersville, NC
Shot w/ 24mm and180mm

MT1_3486.jpeg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
MT1_3508.jpeg
MT1_3534.jpeg

Last edited:
Beautiful!!!! Blossoms popping out all over the place this year! In DC, the cherry blossoms hit peak much earlier than anticipated, and in my neighborhood it seemed as though one day there were mere buds on the trees and the next day the blossoms were fully out. Startling, to say the least. That last image in particular is really nice, capturing the petals dropping...... Windy, I assume; at least that is the problem we've had here. With storms approaching this afternoon I have the feeling that the blossoms we've got right now will be history in all too short a time.

Real Name
Mike
Everyone thanks for your kind comments.
I took these photos because the experience was special, but when I saw the results I wasn't impressed. After a few days I thought, 'what the heck I'll post them anyway', so I'm glad they're being enjoyed. Thank you very much for the encouragement.

IMHO the bland featureless sky in the first two takes away some of the drama.
The third one is terrific. The falling petals are the icing.
But the third one is the only one you kept the sky out of the picture, and I think that made this much stronger.
Just an opinion
gary

Real Name
Mike
IMHO the bland featureless sky in the first two takes away some of the drama.
The third one is terrific. The falling petals are the icing.
But the third one is the only one you kept the sky out of the picture, and I think that made this much stronger.
Just an opinion
gary
Thanks for your advice. The 1st shot is an informative photo to give perspective to the area. I like the washed out sky in the second because it doesn't take away from the blossoms.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom