1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Neighbour-kid, CC on crop pls (composition)

Discussion in 'People' started by EssieK, Aug 31, 2008.

1. EssieK

EssieK Guest

Hi,

ISO200, 30mm, F/2.8, 1/640. I need some feedback on the crop I've done (I've also done a bit to the pic in CS3, but not much). Very much a snapshot, and 0.2 seconds later he was off in another direction. I especially like the whole "man, I kinda wish I was 2 years again and could get away with playing with this car"-feeling and also the shadow on the brick-wall behind him.

Here is the original - only resized somewhat:
    2814436373_9b40fc17d6_b.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And here is the crop:
    2815286624_864c563450_o.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. That's a REALLY heavy crop, IMO. It probably won't print clearly above 4x6. The crop itself is good, I just wish you had gone in closer with the camera rather than photoshop. The look on his face is excellent, you caught a great moment.

3. exactly as sonya said
    the crop is perfect..... but SO CLOSE IN.... it'll be hard to keep clear in print
    but.... a great moment to keep

4. EssieK

EssieK Guest

Thank you all for feedback, and the time you took taking a look :smile:

I have some ideas for this picture though - I know the crop is way too heavy to be used in a print on it's own. It was a snapshot-moment and the next one I got (I literally jumped on my feet trying to close the distance) came out... well, let's just say that it didn't make it in the transfer :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.