Neighbour-kid, CC on crop pls (composition)

Discussion in 'People' started by EssieK, Aug 31, 2008.

1. EssieK

EssieK Guest

Hi,

ISO200, 30mm, F/2.8, 1/640. I need some feedback on the crop I've done (I've also done a bit to the pic in CS3, but not much). Very much a snapshot, and 0.2 seconds later he was off in another direction. I especially like the whole "man, I kinda wish I was 2 years again and could get away with playing with this car"-feeling and also the shadow on the brick-wall behind him.

Here is the original - only resized somewhat:
    2814436373_9b40fc17d6_b.jpg

And here is the crop:
    2815286624_864c563450_o.jpg

2. That's a REALLY heavy crop, IMO. It probably won't print clearly above 4x6. The crop itself is good, I just wish you had gone in closer with the camera rather than photoshop. The look on his face is excellent, you caught a great moment.

3. exactly as sonya said
    the crop is perfect..... but SO CLOSE IN.... it'll be hard to keep clear in print
    but.... a great moment to keep

4. EssieK

EssieK Guest

Thank you all for feedback, and the time you took taking a look :smile:

I have some ideas for this picture though - I know the crop is way too heavy to be used in a print on it's own. It was a snapshot-moment and the next one I got (I literally jumped on my feet trying to close the distance) came out... well, let's just say that it didn't make it in the transfer :smile: