Nemesis bird - Red-headed Woodpecker

Been after a decent shot of this bird for years and finally have a couple I'm pretty happy to have. Taken near a creek behind a friend's house in deep shade. ISO 500 and fill flash.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

You, Andy, are the man. Congratulations on shooting your bird, and such a nice shot, too. That calls for a frosty beverage of your choice. I'm buying.

Don't be too critical of your work Andy, these are excellant shots. The classic positioning of the first and the unique posture of the second are very very nice. I'd be proud to have shot these.

Nice captures :)
Thanks for looking!

What a beautiful bird and an equally good capture.
Thank you!

Very nice, especially for deep shade.
Tough lighting but pretty nice when it goes well. Subject movement was my biggest challenge.

Very nice captures of a great bird.
Thanks!

Beautiful shot Andy.

LOuie
Thanks Louis!

You, Andy, are the man. Congratulations on shooting your bird, and such a nice shot, too. That calls for a frosty beverage of your choice. I'm buying.
Thank you very much and I'll hold you to the frosty beverage if we ever meet! :biggrin:

Don't be too critical of your work Andy, these are excellant shots. The classic positioning of the first and the unique posture of the second are very very nice. I'd be proud to have shot these.
Thank you Frank. Us photographers are always after the next best shot but for now I'm pretty happy with these. I just got back from scouting a new location and this was the first bird I saw. I just have to figure out how to get into position in this very swampy area.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom