Nest Construction Sites are Dangerous Places ....

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, Apr 19, 2007.

1. Ma had just come back and dropped off this big old branch, and she is trying to figure out just what the heck to do with it now.

Hmmmm, must be a way to reach this puppy .......
    [​IMG]

Pa's on his way back from the lumberyard and spots the problem.

Don't worry Ma, I got THIS one figured out ....
    [​IMG]

My WORD Pa, what the HECK do you think your doin'????? :eek: :eek: :eek:
    Have faith, Ma, I'm Da Man dontcha know!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
    [​IMG]

TADA! See Ma? Fixed that one right up for you, construction at it's best!
    [​IMG]

Well, Ma figures that turnabout is fair play, but Pa, being Da Man ....

You ain't dumping THAT stuff on ME, no way!!!! I'm outta here ....
    [​IMG]

And this last one has nothing to do with construction, but sometimes a full-frame Osprey is one I like :wink: :wink:
    [​IMG]

This last image is handheld with the 200-400, makes carting the second body and lens around quite worthwhile ....

2. The size of the branches they carry back sometimes is simply amazing. When you look at their body size which isn't that big, and then the length and width of their wings, they are one powerful bird for their size. Nice images Bill.

3. The size of the branches they carry back sometimes is simply amazing. When you look at their body size which isn't that big, and then the length and width of their wings, they are one powerful bird for their size. Nice images Bill.

4. Bill, anothere amazing series. Your last shot is terrific. I should have gotten a shot of you hand holding the 200-400mm for this shot.

Louie

5. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Nice shooting Birthday Boy.

6. Hey Bill, I think we have so many images from the other day, I am having trouble even selecting any. Too much of a good thing. Sure is fun to watch them. You have more blue sky in these than I remember seeing. Maybe these were after I left.

7. Great series, and we can always count on you for the humour too!! That last one is super!

8. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Fantastic series:>)))))

9. Thanks. You are right, it really is pretty darned amazing, I hadn't thought of that. And then to think how quickly they make such a huge nest, wow.

Thanks, Louie. Get pictures like that and folks will think I'm not such a wimp :biggrin:, just be sure to get by "good side", eh?

Thanks, not bad for us "old folks", eh?????

Good points, Jim, and it is tough to pick just a few. I was trying, as much as possible, to watch for blue patches, and got lucky. Although I did "cheat" on one shot in an eralier post. :redface:

Thanks, Sandi, glad you liked them.

Thanks, Gale. Ain't it time for some Limpkins and such?????

10. snugelbune

snugelbune

Mar 15, 2006
    NYC suburbs
    Bill,

Now I have to find Louis' shots, I looked at Jim's and you guys must have been so thrilled to see these two beautiful raptors. Now, if I was a betting woman, I'd say the male is carrying the branch and the female is the one looking quite annoyed that he's not doing all the work just right:tongue:

Very nice...even more so for hearing you hand held your 200-400! Nice technique, care to teach a course?

11. Bill -- Wonderful series -- and a very good narrative.

PaulC

12. Thanks. I think the biggest thrill for all of us is that these are the same pair we watched last year as they hatched and raised 3 chicks. To have them back again, wow.

It is fun to watch them and ascribe human "thoughts". The only thing I'm sure of here is that "The Missus" didn't feel like getting whacked in the head :biggrin:

13. Thanks, Paul. The subjects make all the difference, they are so darned cool.

14. azhiker

azhiker

Mar 13, 2007
    Phoenix Arizona
    Dude,
    those are like sooo cool, and sharp

15. WOW! Between awsome photos and catchy captions, you gotta winning series again! Love em!