Nest Construction Sites are Dangerous Places ....

Ma had just come back and dropped off this big old branch, and she is trying to figure out just what the heck to do with it now.

Hmmmm, must be a way to reach this puppy .......
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Pa's on his way back from the lumberyard and spots the problem.

Don't worry Ma, I got THIS one figured out ....

My WORD Pa, what the HECK do you think your doin'????? :eek: :eek: :eek:
Have faith, Ma, I'm Da Man dontcha know!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:

TADA! See Ma? Fixed that one right up for you, construction at it's best!

Well, Ma figures that turnabout is fair play, but Pa, being Da Man ....

You ain't dumping THAT stuff on ME, no way!!!! I'm outta here ....

And this last one has nothing to do with construction, but sometimes a full-frame Osprey is one I like :wink: :wink:

This last image is handheld with the 200-400, makes carting the second body and lens around quite worthwhile ....

The size of the branches they carry back sometimes is simply amazing. When you look at their body size which isn't that big, and then the length and width of their wings, they are one powerful bird for their size. Nice images Bill.

The size of the branches they carry back sometimes is simply amazing. When you look at their body size which isn't that big, and then the length and width of their wings, they are one powerful bird for their size. Nice images Bill.

Hey Bill, I think we have so many images from the other day, I am having trouble even selecting any. Too much of a good thing. Sure is fun to watch them. You have more blue sky in these than I remember seeing. Maybe these were after I left.

Thanks. You are right, it really is pretty darned amazing, I hadn't thought of that. And then to think how quickly they make such a huge nest, wow.

Bill, anothere amazing series. Your last shot is terrific. I should have gotten a shot of you hand holding the 200-400mm for this shot.

Louie
Thanks, Louie. Get pictures like that and folks will think I'm not such a wimp :biggrin:, just be sure to get by "good side", eh?

Nice shooting Birthday Boy.
Thanks, not bad for us "old folks", eh?????

Hey Bill, I think we have so many images from the other day, I am having trouble even selecting any. Too much of a good thing. Sure is fun to watch them. You have more blue sky in these than I remember seeing. Maybe these were after I left.
Good points, Jim, and it is tough to pick just a few. I was trying, as much as possible, to watch for blue patches, and got lucky. Although I did "cheat" on one shot in an eralier post. :redface:

Great series, and we can always count on you for the humour too!! That last one is super!
Thanks, Sandi, glad you liked them.

Fantastic series:>)))))
Thanks, Gale. Ain't it time for some Limpkins and such?????

Bill,

Now I have to find Louis' shots, I looked at Jim's and you guys must have been so thrilled to see these two beautiful raptors. Now, if I was a betting woman, I'd say the male is carrying the branch and the female is the one looking quite annoyed that he's not doing all the work just right:tongue:

Very nice...even more so for hearing you hand held your 200-400! Nice technique, care to teach a course?

Bill,

Now I have to find Louis' shots, I looked at Jim's and you guys must have been so thrilled to see these two beautiful raptors. Now, if I was a betting woman, I'd say the male is carrying the branch and the female is the one looking quite annoyed that he's not doing all the work just right:tongue:

Very nice...even more so for hearing you hand held your 200-400! Nice technique, care to teach a course?
Thanks. I think the biggest thrill for all of us is that these are the same pair we watched last year as they hatched and raised 3 chicks. To have them back again, wow.

It is fun to watch them and ascribe human "thoughts". The only thing I'm sure of here is that "The Missus" didn't feel like getting whacked in the head :biggrin:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom