1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

.NET Framework 3.5 SP 1

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by GonzoBernelli, Aug 18, 2008.

1. Has anyone installed this? What if any impact is there on CNX2?
    Seems it may be used by DXO 5.2

2. TomaS

TomaS

Aug 3, 2006
    Corrales, NM
    No effect under XP. I installed it, but have since removed it when I found out 3.0 and 3.5 are apparently intended for Vista users.

3. No they are not. They have little or nothing to do with Vista per se. They are simply more modern, powerful versions of the NET Framework giving developers more features to work with. They are backward compatible to NET 2.0 and should not affect any of your programs. If they are written to run in older versions (down to 2.0, not earlier), they would have no effect. For previous versions (i.e. Net 1.1), they will still need those runtimes installed.

4. TomaS

TomaS

Aug 3, 2006
    Corrales, NM
    So you are saying the .NET versions are application specific, not OS specific. Well NX2 does not make use 3.0 or 3.5, and that was the original question. So why clutter up a system with more useless software. I find my PC runs better with LESS overhead, not more. And I would assume any update to NX or other application that needs 3.0 or 3.5 would install it.

5. smodak

smodak

Jun 11, 2007
    Franklin MA US
    .NET 3.0 frame work have some add-on stuff (WCF/WWF/WPF mainly) over .NET 2.0 framework. It uses .NET 2.0 as the base framework. .NEt 3.5 includes more features and bug fixes/performance improvements over .NET 2.0 (whoch is also part of the the service pack). Tomtom and Alexf are absolutely correct. It is advisable to use the servce pack for bug fixes but since the 3.5 includes it all, why not install it?

The frameworks are little different from useless clutter :biggrin:

The other day I was dealing with a MS Grid and MDF closing issue and later found and tested that it was corrected in .NET 3.5. It is your business what you want to do with your PC, but the framework updates are recommended installs.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.