Neuschwanstein Castle

I took this last week while in the Alps of Bavaria. Beautiful country. I used my D200 and 18-200 VR.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

MAn every time I come here to see Im too late ,only get red X.

I was there years ago. Cool Castle.

Ahh there we go , Nice shot . Better weather than when I went.

Thats a killer shot brings back fond memories, spent three years in Germany doing my stint for the US Army
Same for me except my son was stationed there in the Army. Wonderful shot and it brings back memories of our best vacation ever. Thanks

Q

qwest4light

Yes, brings back great memories, spent about 12years in Germany. One year during the 4 of July (American holiday) we took a trip down the Mosel, we anchored near a castle like most on a hill. They recreated a battle scene by alternating fireworks displays. Way cool. This was back in the early 90's.

Nics shot!
Germany is almost covered with castles, and a lot of them are open to visitors. I visited quite a few on a vacation some years ago.
Neuschwanstein surely is a picturesque place, but not the most authentic of castles.

King Ludwig, the king behind the creation of the castle was quite a big spender, actually the rumour is,
that he was drowned for that very reason.
If any af you are visiting Bayern, don't miss Ludwig's version of the french
Versailles - Schloss Herrenchiemsee. It's located on a small island in Chiemsee,
and you get there by ferry - amazing place! :smile:

T

Trey USAF

Nics shot!
Germany is almost covered with castles, and a lot of them are open to visitors. I visited quite a few on a vacation some years ago.
Neuschwanstein surely is a picturesque place, but not the most authentic of castles.

King Ludwig, the king behind the creation of the castle was quite a big spender, actually the rumour is,
that he was drowned for that very reason.
If any af you are visiting Bayern, don't miss Ludwig's version of the french
Versailles - Schloss Herrenchiemsee. It's located on a small island in Chiemsee,
and you get there by ferry - amazing place! :smile:

I have not been to Chiemsee yet, I am told its awesome. 3 weeks ago, we visited Schloss Linderhoff in Oberamergau (spl?). This is also where the famous Passion Play takes place. Not to mention the stadt of Ettal where you can get the Monk's beer:) yum. Linderhoff, while small, is a "complete castle". I wish they would allow photography inside the palace, the amount of gold and other treasures is amazing.

Do you have any pictures looking down at the falls under the bridge? When I went there, it was quite windy - a storm front was blowing in, and the bridge was swaying a bit...I was brave enough to hold my camera down over the edge to grab a picture - If I remember, I'll post it - its archived on DVD at home. :smile:

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom