Neuschwanstein Castle

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by xcutter, Apr 8, 2007.

1. xcutter

xcutter

May 3, 2005
    S.E. Florida
    I took this last week while in the Alps of Bavaria. Beautiful country. I used my D200 and 18-200 VR.

76837295.LeP01tH1.Neuschwanstein_A.

2. Wonderful! Thats a place I couldn't get to while visiting Munich. Maybe next time.

3. asaya

asaya Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    Tony Saya
    Thats a killer shot brings back fond memories, spent three years in Germany doing my stint for the US Army

4. xcutter

xcutter

May 3, 2005
    S.E. Florida
    Hope you got to at least try the beer :)

5. Taken from the bridge? Very nice!!

6. biggstr6

biggstr6

Apr 26, 2005
    Richmond,Va
    MAn every time I come here to see Im too late ,only get red X.

I was there years ago. Cool Castle.

Ahh there we go , Nice shot . Better weather than when I went.

7. I lived in Germany for 5 years so this is a familiar sight. Your shot of the castle does bring back memories. Shots of this castle in the winter are some of my very favorites from my film days.

8. Very nice image.

9. Same for me except my son was stationed there in the Army. Wonderful shot and it brings back memories of our best vacation ever. Thanks

10. qwest4light

qwest4light Guest

Yes, brings back great memories, spent about 12years in Germany. One year during the 4 of July (American holiday) we took a trip down the Mosel, we anchored near a castle like most on a hill. They recreated a battle scene by alternating fireworks displays. Way cool. This was back in the early 90's.

11. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Where's Mickey?

12. Gr8Tr1x

Gr8Tr1x Guest

Freakin' awesome.

13. Sharon

Sharon

Feb 18, 2006
    That is outstanding!

14. Nics shot!
    Germany is almost covered with castles, and a lot of them are open to visitors. I visited quite a few on a vacation some years ago.
    Neuschwanstein surely is a picturesque place, but not the most authentic of castles.

King Ludwig, the king behind the creation of the castle was quite a big spender, actually the rumour is,
    that he was drowned for that very reason.
    If any af you are visiting Bayern, don't miss Ludwig's version of the french
    Versailles - Schloss Herrenchiemsee. It's located on a small island in Chiemsee,
    and you get there by ferry - amazing place! :smile:

15. Wow - I love castle shots and this one is excellent. Now I want to go there!

16. Trey USAF

Trey USAF Guest

I have not been to Chiemsee yet, I am told its awesome. 3 weeks ago, we visited Schloss Linderhoff in Oberamergau (spl?). This is also where the famous Passion Play takes place. Not to mention the stadt of Ettal where you can get the Monk's beer:) yum. Linderhoff, while small, is a "complete castle". I wish they would allow photography inside the palace, the amount of gold and other treasures is amazing.

17. ftslogger

ftslogger

May 4, 2007
    Charlotte
    Do you have any pictures looking down at the falls under the bridge? When I went there, it was quite windy - a storm front was blowing in, and the bridge was swaying a bit...I was brave enough to hold my camera down over the edge to grab a picture - If I remember, I'll post it - its archived on DVD at home. :smile:

18. A nice shot, but seems a bit tight in the frame....