Never Give Up

Yeah, those things can be deadly.
Some 15 years ago, my son and 2 friends were getting ready to head over to India for a few months (they were sick of college!). On the same day, in 3 separate locations all 3 kids had "nearer my God to thee" experiences. My son rolled his car at 80mph on the freeway out side Missoula (not even a scratch on him, car was totaled. The second got knocked unconscious by a water ski and was airlifted to Spokane. The third was sucked into a downspout in an irrigation ditch SW of Boise. Of the 3, he had the most serious trauma and the longest recovery.
We have a fence around the back of our property which Greg keeps locked to keep the little kids away from the ditch. That ditch has always made me nervous with the kids. This year it has been full all year. Most years it alternates between wet and dry.

Hi Terri, an eclectic mix of subjects for sure, to, as the song goes, forget about life for a while.
Out of curiosity, what's the subject in the "fall colours are starting" image?

Hi Terri
I was what we call "Down in the dumps" not long ago photography wise that is. this covid19 virus had us in lockdown for a long time then only allowed to have one walk a day around the houses. Great inspiration to take photos I don't think. so resorted to taking insects in our garden instead and to have a go at macro.
common fly
lEvhgru.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

white butterfly head

jihpY28.jpg

Humming bird hawk moth
TWrYIED.jpg

FRWbA3N.jpg

bumble bee
mpj7GcZ.jpg

hiding

4om8vo4.jpg

Red Admiral resting in the sun

ZxCKR10.jpg

large white butterfly

1t61vLt.jpg

Attachments

• jihpY28.jpg
    jihpY28.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 40
  • FRWbA3N.jpg
    FRWbA3N.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Hi Terri
I was what we call "Down in the dumps" not long ago photography wise that is. this covid19 virus had us in lockdown for a long time then only allowed to have one walk a day around the houses. Great inspiration to take photos I don't think. so resorted to taking insects in our garden instead and to have a go at macro.
common fly
View attachment 1668132

white butterfly head

View attachment 1668133

Humming bird hawk moth
View attachment 1668135

View attachment 1668138

bumble bee
View attachment 1668136

hiding

View attachment 1668139

Red Admiral resting in the sun

View attachment 1668140
Amazing what you can find close to home!! Glad photography helped you cope, too!!

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom