Never Mind

Discussion in 'Birds' started by IrishBryan, Apr 9, 2007.

1. Going to get some feed back from the Mentor Forum.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 9, 2007
  2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    You would get help here...

3. I know your very sweet Gale :smile: you respond to people who post images here. If for nothing else to make them feel welcome.

No offense to any one here and please don't take this in any other way, I am simply expressing a perception that I have about this board (right or wrong)

But when you post a image and ask for comments and critism and you get 70 or 80 views with in the first few hours and zero responses it kind of makes you not want to post. I mean thats the reason we all post our images to be part of the community. Do I have to join a secret club? Is there a special hand shake I must learn to get feed back? That is all I want. The best way to learn and get better is through active feed back and honest constructive critism. If you post an image and don't get any of these then why post the image?

"That what does not kill you, only makes you stronger"

:smile:

4. Keep posting and people will respond. I belong to an internet running group (Dead Runners Society). When some people post a race report they get a lot of comments, others get none. I think as you post more, more will respond.

5. The chemist

The chemist

Jul 22, 2005
    nashville
    Sometimes I may try to bump my thread to the top if no one responds but with the traffic here it is sometimes hard to get a response..not that the work is bad its just heavy flow. Also if I am looking for critique I post a critique sticky next to thread..Keep posting i will try to spot your thread next time if i can

6. I know guys

I'm sorry I don't want to open a can of worms (ewwww :tongue: ).

I really like this board and I have learned a lot in the short time I have been here.

:smile:

7. When you post a image and ask for comments and critism and you get 70 or 80 views with in the first few hours and zero responses it kind of makes you not want to post. I mean thats the reason we all post our images to be part of the community. Do I have to join a secret club? Is there a special hand shake I must learn to get feed back? That is all I want. The best way to learn and get better is through active feed back and honest constructive critism. If you post an image and don't get any of these then why post the image?

"That what does not kill you, only makes you stronger"

:smile:[/QUOTE]

Very Well said and I've felt the same way at times.

8. I wouldn't get discouraged so easily. Keep posting.

9. hey I can tell ya some of my posts often go without hardly any comments. Sometimes they just simply get overlooked. Personally, if I can't say or find something positive about a photo, I keep my mouth shut. Sometimes if the comments aren't made tactfully they can hurt - I'm not trying to imply anything either. Please, do keep on posting! There are those of us who will do our best to help you improve and keep you encouraged! I know I can use a LOT OF IMPROVEMENT! That's why I love this forum!