1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Never posted a picture here...so here it goes...

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by AprilRenee, Aug 26, 2008.

1. AprilRenee

AprilRenee

Mar 25, 2008
    Ohio
    This picture stood out from all the other ones,as I was going through them ,from a wedding I shot this past Saturday (08-23-08) at Stan Hywet Hall & Gardens! I absolutely LOVED it! :smile:

What do you think? Anything I can do ,to make it even better?!?

ShelleyJimDip.gif
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. Nice shot. The dappled light is really distracting, not sure if there is anything you can do about it now, though. Looking forward to more images! BTW, are you interested in another D200 to backup your current one? I have one in the for sale section, only $750! I like to shoot with two cameras at weddings, each one ready to grab anything that catches my eye.

3. glewis1

glewis1

Aug 24, 2008
    Rochester, NY
    looks great. Lot going on though as far as the lighting

4. AprilRenee

AprilRenee

Mar 25, 2008
    Ohio
    Thanks so much for responding & your comments "hotrod4x5" & "glewis1" -There is really nothing I can do for the lighting...the sun was coming through the trees,so I did the best I could do get a shady spot for this shot. "Hotrod4x5" ,to answer your question about the D200, no thank you ,I have a D50 as well,that I'm quite happy with for now. Thanks though! :smile:

5. I like the picture overall, but for my personal tastes.. I prefer more color.

Maybe something like this ( or close to it ) :

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2008
  6. SMH77

SMH77

Feb 11, 2006
    Illinois
    Nice shot April. Regarding how to make it better: next time tell her to let her arm (in front with the bouquet) hang down freely, have her tilt her head back, and have him lower her down to give her a kiss on the neck. The feeling of 'you're going to drop me' always produces lots of natural smiles and a playful feeling between the two--it really comes through in the pictures. Otherwise the pose looks good. I agree that the background is a little distracting, but I have seen worse also...

Just for reference, here's a shot of the same pose to give you an idea of what I was referring to...

302537121_UMVn3-L.gif

Hope that helps,

Sean

7. I prefer the original. Being a female, the first thing I notice in the re-edit is how yellow and bleached her hair looks, which isn't attractive at all.

8. LOL....

Stacey,

You have a point there.. I re-toned down the skin from the post I made and should have also done the same with the hair.

Leave it to the guy to not notice the hair. :smile:

I have adjusted the picture above.

9. Kemnik

Kemnik

Aug 21, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    I like the original and was going to mention that given the dappled light, none of the harsh shadows appear on the faces; so great job!!! I love it.

10. I suggest a crop. I think the couple are lost in the background, even though I love the location and the light. I realise a crop changes the feel of the photo, but it does emphasise the couple more.

My suggested crop from the original is below

102256728.jpg

11. Welcome to the Cafe April. I think the shot is beautiful just as it is. I am not a fan of over saturating things, especially skin tones. I sure hope that you will share more from this wedding as it looks like it was in a beautiful setting.

12. Nice enough photo, and welcome to the board. Please send more.
    I like your color version with the crop Steve suggested.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.