New 70 200mm f/2.8 VR Lens

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Takeda, Jul 7, 2007.

1. Takeda

Takeda

Jun 9, 2006
    Durham, NC
  2. Very nice. Sharp images. Looks like you have a winner there. Enjoy it!

3. Takeda,
    Crop of the bench seat on the RHS and about 1/2 to 2/3 of grass in front and you will heve a to-die-for photograph!

Very well done.

4. Larlec

Larlec

Jun 18, 2007
    northern Colorado
    nice shots, that's my next lens. Where did you purchase it?

5. Takeda

Takeda

Jun 9, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Thank you for your kind words, and suggestion Nick!!! How is this:

[​IMG]

6. Takeda

Takeda

Jun 9, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Thanks Larry!! I ordered it from Adorama last Sunday. I checked this morning, and it was out of stock at Adorama.

7. Nice set of images. You've got a good eye and the 70-200 serves it well.

8. Congrats on the new glass! The 70-200 was my first lens purchase, even before I bought a body, and quickly became my fav. Now more than 3 years down the road it is still my fav by far and I have some pretty nice glass. I am still excited every time I open a new folder of images containing some from the big VR because I just *know* there will be some stunners in the bunch. You have just started a fun experience.

Phil

9. Takeda,
    This what I had in mind, using the rule of 1/3's - reflection line is approximately 1/3 up from the bottom and bridge arch approximately centered on the 1/3 line from the right hand side. You could also add a little red saturaton to bring up the tree on the RHS, bring up the bridge rocks a tad as well. Now you have a series of semi-parallel lines in bottom 1/2 of image, a bunch of randomly oriented leaves in top half (man vs nature thingy) and a mystery for the viewer - where does the bridge to TO?

TakedaSuggestionRecrop.

10. Takeda

Takeda

Jun 9, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Thanks Nick!!! I do like your version better, and I had forgotten about the 1/3 rule!!

11. Glad I could help you out some