1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New and useless toys

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Palouse, Feb 10, 2019.

• Funny Funny x 2
  1. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    I can relate. In the 40°s here and raining. Gear all in a closet. Bah humbug!

2. rpracing

rpracing

Mar 7, 2011
    S. WI
    Wouldn't be to hard to fab that canopy idea yourself for a few bucks.

3. One could, but why?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Go cook something. Then invite me over to help eat it.

5. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    I think I'd rather you cook something for dinner and more peanut butter sandwich cookies and I'll come over there! LOL!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. That works for me. At least there is less distance between us than to Nick.

7. Butlerkid

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Given that it's barely 40° and raining for the next several days, I will enjoy my 14 day trial of Cook's Illustrated! LOL!

8. 40 and I'd be outside. We hit a high today of 9. I bet that canopy thing is fun in the wind.

9. And I wonder how well it will shed ice? I guess you could also line the top with solar cells . . . . :rolleyes: 

10. JusPlainCrayzee

JusPlainCrayzee Administrator Administrator

Ice came out of the sky all day today. Interstates were closed and those that ventured out ended up in ditches. I'm thinking this is a perfect time for me to check out those useless gadgets... :D 

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Join the club!

12. william hortis

william hortis

Nov 30, 2013
    With my ageing biceps more weight is all I need but if you smoke it could keep the baccy dry.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. There is white stuff on the ground in Vancouver and I don't know what it is.

Any suggestions?

Maybe I should get one of those roofs for my walks?

Georgie Beagle

"it wreaked the daffodils..." - mom

14. The only way to handle that white stuff is with a good glass of wine (or winter warmer of your choice) in your hand, some good music on the speakers, a warm blanket and a good book.

Why not a head-mounted rack, about 1.5 meters wide and a couple of meters long, with roll-down sides would be perfect.

15. Be careful around that white stuff on the ground. It can be very slippery, I’ve actually heard rumors that people strap boards to their feet and slide down hills on it. My advice is get yourself to the airport, book a ticket to Hawaii and stay there until the white stuff is gone. I used to do this, but my wife threatened me if I continued doing that.

16. I hear that Hawaii got some white stuff the other day!

And even more significant, I had to help my wife shovel white stuff this morning! :love: :love: :love: 

17. Yeah, but not on the beaches where I hang out.

18. I was just out on my second 3 hour pass today plowing snow with my ATV. Everyone laughs when they here about us complaining about snow here on Vancouver Island, they really don't know much, we have about 2.5 feet in about 30 hours time span and it is supposed to snow all night, so tomorrow morning I get on my steel horse again... I hear that Seattle is being pummeled even more then we are, and its cold

19. We've had and bout 10" of dry stuff, but it's supposed to warm up and continue snowing, meaning--heavy wet stuff that should fall on the Cascades!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.