New arrival for Da Boss...

Discussion in 'Lens Lust' started by Backdoctor, Aug 12, 2005.

1. her brand new, fine Nikon glass :

original.

I hope she likes it.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    NICEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

3. Funny thing Gale, before I went digital, I had crappy Sigma lenses for my N6006. I'm not saying all Sigma lenses are crappy, as they do make some fine glass, but what I had was cheap glass.

Now, only Nikon baby...:) My wife doesnt know how good she has it now...

4. She will Harris! The only place this lens "stumbles" at all is exposure in very low light because of the f3.5 - 4.5 (although it's only going to cost you a part of a stop or so) otherwise it will stand up to all the rest in sharpness and speed of focus.

If the light is sufficient, for my $, it's one of the best general purpose lenses available!!!

5. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Oh, she'll like it alright!

Just what the (back) doctor" ordered, (literally), :wink: for the perfect walkin' around lens. Jees, I remember when you were shooting with that pos, as you put it, Quantam(?) lens? That was a real gem wasn't it? :? :roll:

6. Hey D.R.! Great to see you here!

Got to use it tonight on the ol D100 at Birger Petterson's birthday party. I'll post some shots tomorrow. It is a saweeeet piece of nikon glass for the money.

7. Re: Oh, she'll like it alright!

Steve, POS is being nice to what I had :D Nothing in the world like quality Nikon glass. Period!

Those canon trolls at dpr want to know why Nikon glass costs more? The same reason Leica and Zeiss is more, cause its saweeeeeeet! 8)

8. For the price Harris, pretty hard to beat, was very pleased with mine, just sold it to go to the 17-55mm. The boss will luv it :)

9. And you'll love the 17-55. I've enjoyed mine since I got it. Talk about super fast and sharp.... :D

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    OK Mary,
    Wheres the pics :>)))))

Looking foward to you new adventures with the new tool.

So wonderful you and Harris are enjoying this together.

You are doing on heck of a great job.

Can't wait to see you two again soon.