New Arrivals

Hi All,

Went to Ft. De Soto again this morning and was greeted by hummingbirds arriving from down south. I had never shot hummingbirds before. All of these were shot in the wild - no fancy light setup or feeder. The second one is a female. I shot these at ISO 400, Flash set at -1.00 EV and 1/1000 second @ F5.6 exposure. Oh, and another shot of the Summer Tanager at the end.

Thanks for looking!

Best,

Jose

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Awesome shots. I especially like #1 and #3. I can't wait to try my hand at hummingbirds when the weather gets better.

Beautiful images

Tad over sat
Thanks so much Gale. The images in the viewfinder were that saturated. This is the problem with digital cameras, they are normally sooo "forensic". Luck being on our side, Nikon has seen to that and if you set your camera to Adobe RGB color space, with the color mode set to Mode III (landscapes) and use Capture NX, then its all WYSIWYG. I also use Fred Miranda's Velvia Vision in Photoshop but never use the enhancement at more than 33% out of 100% - Capture NX and the camera settings are that good. Tell you the truth, the Velvia Vision settings for these images was more like 16% - barely noticeable. Flash though adds a little bit of saturation because it bumps up the available light and I did use that, albeit at a very reduced rate as well.

Thanks again!

Jose

Nice, REALLY nice, gotta love them hummers.

While everyone else is commenting on the hummers, let me say that the Tanager is stunning, the red is vibrant. This is one we don't see around our parts.

Thanks all! I always appreciate the kind comments, as well as the constructive critcism. This is a great site and I very much appreciate your support.

Best,

Jose

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom