New Baby

Discussion in 'People' started by Uncle Frank, Oct 4, 2005.

1. I haven't been able to think of a better use for a camera than family photos, and the 28-70/2.8 teams well with the d70 for this task. While we were back east, we spent some time with old friends, and had a chance to visit with their daughter. She's just had her third son... our friends' 17th grandchild!.

He's a handsome little devil, and grandma couldn't keep her hands off him.

View attachment 16263

His brothers are rowdy chaps, but I was surprised at how gentle they were with their new sibling.

View attachment 16264

View attachment 16265

View attachment 16266

The younger of the big brothers is only 3 himself, so he required a little cuddling, too :smile:.

View attachment 16267

Here's a picture of the proud grandparents.

View attachment 16268

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2005
  2. Great photos Frank, I wish he grows up healthy and strong and one day play with your ...Da Beast... :wink:

3. one word for these "Wonderful"

4. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    These two are just wonderful! The baby and his grandmother is so precious, but the one of the middle brother is my absolute favorite...there's a sweetness to it that is often missed in little boys as they try to be so "grown up". I love what you've captured here.

5. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Wonderful series, Frank!

6. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    UF
    You are certainly a long way from the hummers that you first delighted us with. Thanks for letting us all in to your life like this. What a cute family.

7. srullik

srullik Guest

Vey very nice shots frank.
    And congratulations about the new member.....

8. Thanks for all of your kind comments, folks!

Leigh... I notice you keyed in on the b&w shots. It that your favorite style of processing?

Baron... just to make it clear, that's my buddy's grandchild, not mine. My lazy kids haven't gotten around to making me a grandpa yet.

9. Very nice Frank, I have been out of town so didn't see these until now. I'm like Leigh, I like the B&W the best. Also think the first shot is really nice. I keep expecting to see some images with the 85mm f1.4. You did get that lens didn't you?

10. I just got back myself, Gordon. I was in Boston for the last 2 weeks.

No, I haven't bought an 85/1.4 yet. I've got some camera problems that have me rethinking my priorities. And the 28-70 does so well that I'm concerned that putting so much money into the 85mm might be a mistake.