new bag that wont fail!

Discussion in 'Other Cool Gear, Camera Bags, Camera Straps' started by johan_w, Apr 9, 2007.

1. johan_w

johan_w

Feb 27, 2006
    Im going to get myself a new bag to store my photography gear in.

At the moment at I have A LowePro Computrekker. A very nice bag! But its feels not 100% to have on my back. My bag is very, very heavy! A pic of everything I store in it is below. + I have a lot of other stuff in the outer compartment, like camera cleaning stuff and a external harddrive where I can store images. Like i said its a great bag, but its dont feels to be build for storing so much gear. I dont want my bag to fail under a trip.

449327533_91db4db863_o.

I really like lowepro.

I have a few things I want my new bag should have, if it possible.
    - Somewhere to store a cell phone! I hate to visit the outer compartment everytime someone calling me!
    - It should be very well build.
    - It shall store my 70-200mm with lenshood On!

2. I have the Computrekker also. Although it is built well, I found it too heavy when full and use it mainly to store my gear. I now use a Kata R102 which is slightly smaller but feels more solid and balances better for me. It holds less but will handle the D200, 70-200VR and maybe 2 more lenses as well as an SB800 and some accessories.

3. Johan...
    I don't know if this will work for you weight wise, but have you tried
    reversing your D200 with 105vr to the bottom of the bag instead of
    to the top. It might fit better with the weight more evenly carried.

This is only MO. I have the trekker classic which is much smaller, but we have two cameras mounted with lenses, the d200 and the 300f4, and the d70s mounted with one of three other lenses the largest being the 70-300. Bag then carries two other lenses and plus stuff.

4. Another vote for a Kata backpack here. I have the R103 but if you are worried if it will hold everything you might want check out the 207. There was one for sale in the "For sale" section. It is gone but you can still see some nice photos of the 207 here.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  5. Hmm... I think part of your problem is configuration. I have the Naturetrekker AW II which is similar in size and setup to the Computrekker and can fit a considerable amount (including 70-200 with hood ON!). I keep my cell phone on my person or in a padded crumpler case that attaches to the backpack.

See below:

fieldkit.

6. johan_w

johan_w

Feb 27, 2006

I dont have any problem with room. yet. I want the middle compartment to be empty so i can use it with 70-200 and hood on.

7. I have a Lowe computrekker but use it as the mother ship. I off load
    the gear that I think I will need to a much smaller bag and go from there.
    The mother ship offers security and selection and the satellite bag
    enables me to be fast and light. Makes you improvise if you load up the
    'wrong' lens though.

8. You should take the geer you want to carry, to a camer shop and try out several bags. As for the cell phone, my suggestion is a Mountaineer cellphone case, it will wrap around one of your shoulder straps.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.