New Business Card

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Duschoolboy, Aug 31, 2008.

1. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    I am running through several ideas trying to come up with a new business card. I need you guys to tell me what you think. This is my first design.

[​IMG]

2. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    Hello Mike,

One of the suggested rules I tell students at work is to generally avoid shadows on fonts for logos and business cards. So that is something to consider, that said, just like in photography, rules can be broken and work.

I do like your tones and colors in the card, and the idea of a gradient behind is nice. this is a personal preference, but I tend to like straight ahead and uniform gradients, but this one is different and unique, so I like it.

I like the white for the website name, perhaps a touch wider font on you logo/name and word photography. You may consider bringing up toward the top your name a few pixels to give some room between your name and photography. Also, generally don't go overboard on different fonts in a small area, limit it generally to two different ones, but once again, this rule can easily be broken with the right design.

Just some thoughts for you, cards are personal, pick something you like and run with it

mine are here, I use different ones for different locations and events, and a lot of folks don't like them either, but I do, so I use them. :wink: :biggrin:

http://homepage.mac.com/wadedowdy/.Pictures/Misc. Images/Bw Art Card.JPG

http://homepage.mac.com/wadedowdy/.Pictures/Misc. Images/Maple Art Card.JPG

http://homepage.mac.com/wadedowdy/.Pictures/Misc. Images/Eagle Art card.JPG

Mine are nothing great, they are simple and I use images on the cards, which I print on Mpix metallic billfold size pics for a touch larger card and pop/wow effect.

3. Duschoolboy

Duschoolboy

Dec 17, 2006
    Thanks Wade for the suggestions. I too like something easy for the eye to look at. I thought about different cards but my budget limits that at this time. I will however look at rising the name up some and widening the font for easier reading. I did pront something out on a 4 X 6 and it doesnt pop like I want it to. But overall I think I am happy with it. I wanted something that looked professional so to speak.
    Thanks.

4. Commodorefirst

Commodorefirst Admin/Moderator Administrator

May 1, 2005
    Missouri
    If you go up with your logo, that will add a difference with the red tones against the lighter gradient. Maybe just applying a bold to the text might be enough. I think you just need a bit thicker Red for the pop you need, so bolding the text just might do it. Same with Photography too.

Good luck,

5. bradNYC

bradNYC

Mar 28, 2008
    NYC
    IMHO - your name doesn't quite stand out. it's a little hard to read meaning I have to really read it as opposed to STANDING OUT. Also, I think the grey color is a little bland. Have you tried a black background?

6. Personally, I would go larger with your name, and use a less sharp bevel setting.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.