Real Name
Karen
I got the Nikon D7100 (broken)
Which one would you recommend
D7200
D500
D750
Welcome to NikonCafe!

It depends..... ;) To answer your question, we need to know what you intend to photograph. Sports/wildlife, travel, family, etc. Knowing what lenses you use would also be helpful.

Yeah I have the D500 and D750, but use them for different situations. It depends upon your intended usage as said above.

Welcome, Steff. I havent used any of the cameras you are considering, so I have no recommendations. But there are some very experienced people here who should be able to give you some great advice.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Welcome Steff. tell us more about your photography interests—what do you like to shoot, what do you want to shoot? What lenses do you have?
I am interested in a bid of everything, but manly Lanscapes, Animal and Macro. I also like to shoot in low Light. Because I have all my lenses I dont want to start again.
Here is my Equipment
Camera Nikon D 7100 (broken)
Nikkor AF-S 50mm 1.4G
Nikkor AF-S Micro 105 mm 1:2.8G ED, Tamron SP 150-600mm
Nikkor AF-S 16-85mm 3.5-5.6G
Tamron SP 150-600mm
I dint want to buy 2 Cameras. So I need something which is good in every Situation. I know that this is not possible but something we call a Allrounder.
So my choice is
D7200
D500
D7500
Any recommendation be helpful in making my choice. If there is any other DX Cameras which are better then this 3 please let me know.

Your first post mentions the D750, which has a full frame sensor, but your third post replaces that with the the D7500 which, like the others on your list, is a crop sensor camera. One of your lenses, the 16-85mm (which I have owned and liked a lot) is a crop sensor lens, so I'm guessing that your first post may have meant D7500 instead of D750. Of the cameras you list I have experience of two (three if you meant to include the D750) in the D7200 and the D500. Both are excellent cameras but for me the D500 is better, with Pro features, especially build and speed. That is reflected in its price v the others on your list. However, although it has dual card slots, you need to remember that one slot is for XQD and the other SD cards. XQD cards and readers are expensive; so much so that for now I still only use the SD slot on my D500, albeit with a decent card. If you are happy with APS-C (crop frame cameras) then in my opinion you won't get better than the D500. From anyone. If your budget is more limited, you won't be disappointed with a D7200, which has dual SD card slots, and is no slouch with wildlife pics. Just not as good as the D500, at least in my hands. I have no experience with the D7500 but it is also said to be an excellent camera. If you did mean to list the D750 - no question, it is a super camera. It won't have the "reach" or speed of a D500 for wildlife but nonetheless is a superb all-rounder, even as an "old" camera now.

Your first post mentions the D750, which has a full frame sensor, but your third post replaces that with the the D7500 which, like the others on your list, is a crop sensor camera. One of your lenses, the 16-85mm (which I have owned and liked a lot) is a crop sensor lens, so I'm guessing that your first post may have meant D7500 instead of D750. Of the cameras you list I have experience of two (three if you meant to include the D750) in the D7200 and the D500. Both are excellent cameras but for me the D500 is better, with Pro features, especially build and speed. That is reflected in its price v the others on your list. However, although it has dual card slots, you need to remember that one slot is for XQD and the other SD cards. XQD cards and readers are expensive; so much so that for now I still only use the SD slot on my D500, albeit with a decent card. If you are happy with APS-C (crop frame cameras) then in my opinion you won't get better than the D500. From anyone. If your budget is more limited, you won't be disappointed with a D7200, which has dual SD card slots, and is no slouch with wildlife pics. Just not as good as the D500, at least in my hands. I have no experience with the D7500 but it is also said to be an excellent camera. If you did mean to list the D750 - no question, it is a super camera. It won't have the "reach" or speed of a D500 for wildlife but nonetheless is a superb all-rounder, even as an "old" camera now.
Yes meant D7500. Sorry my mistake. Every one is pointing to the D500. I think this is the one I get. Not sure what is a XQD card. Can you explain this to me. Anyway thanks for your reply. You are very helpful.

Hi Steff. XQD is a bigger, faster, more robust form of memory card than most SD cards. More information from Nikon here: https://www.nikonusa.com/en/learn-a...tion/what-is-xqd-and-why-should-i-use-it.html

They are more expensive than SD cards but not that much more expensive than the Sony "Tough" SD card I use in my D500. But you will also need the XQD card reader, which can be as expensive as a XQD card. They are, here in the UK, anyway. That said, there are many Café members who swear by them and an XQD card and reader are next on my purchase list.

Another vote for the D500. It's got slightly less resolution than your (now defunct) D7100 but the sensor is excellent and the camera handles like a professional tool.
So what are you using for Memory Cards?

Hi Steff. XQD is a bigger, faster, more robust form of memory card than most SD cards. More information from Nikon here: https://www.nikonusa.com/en/learn-a...tion/what-is-xqd-and-why-should-i-use-it.html

They are more expensive than SD cards but not that much more expensive than the Sony "Tough" SD card I use in my D500. But you will also need the XQD card reader, which can be as expensive as a XQD card. They are, here in the UK, anyway. That said, there are many Café members who swear by them and an XQD card and reader are next on my purchase list.
The Nikon D500 card slot 1 supports XQD card.Do i have to use this card or does it support other cards in that slot??

You can only use XQD cards in that slot and only SD cards in slot 2. Here is is a link to another site offering advice: https://nikoncamerarumors.com/best-memory-cards-for-nikon-d500/

If you are purchasing the camera from an actual shop, the staff there will also be able to advise. I personally will be looking to buy a Sony XQD card and a compatible Sony card reader. I usually stick to 32Gb cards but then I'm not shooting lots of birds in flight or video and I download after every run out with a camera. Others, I know, use much bigger capacity cards.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom