New curve for the D2X

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hi Beezle

The curve is the wrong file type to be added in capture in PP. Must be added to the camera in Control. The author of the curve says it eliminates using D-Lighting and improves DR. It does eliminate plenty of PP. NC being what it is, this is a gift.

I downloaded this curve yesterday and gave it a try - it does work as advertised, but with a bright subject you need to dial in a -2.0 EV. However, this under-exposure and the increase in the curve does bring out more noise.

I have not used it enough to form an opinion, but so far I am impressed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
hillrg said:
I downloaded this curve yesterday and gave it a try - it does work as advertised, but with a bright subject you need to dial in a -2.0 EV. However, this under-exposure and the increase in the curve does bring out more noise.

I have not used it enough to form an opinion, but so far I am impressed.
Hi Rory

I agree with you on bright subjects and noise intro. Still IMO it's worth experimenting. Not sure if I'm a good judge of the increased DR, but I do like the results w/o pp. Jpg's to die for........

BTW your gallery is AWESOME!!! You seem to have no problem getting the most from your 2X.

jfrancis said:
Can you assign a profile to be used in just one of the banks?
I believe you can only have one custom curve in the camera, but you can select it in one bank. For example, I have Auto tone in bank 1 and Custom tone in bank 2.

I think you are asking if you could have a second custom tone curve in bank 3 - I do not think so.

No, that would answer my question. I was thinking about having one bank that used it and another that didn't but was otherwise identically set up. That would facilitate comparisons.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom