* New D200 Firmware 2.01 Corrects DBS

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by RFCGRAPHICS, Sep 24, 2008.

1. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
  2. Its about time! When I had my D200 it was returned to Nikon 3 times with this problem, they ended up giving me a new D200 that I sold.

3. Thanks! Off to download.........

Ronnie

4. Is that the only thing it does? Cause, I don't have DBS....

5. Thanks for the info, off to download in a few minutes.

FWIW, I took my D200 in a few weeks ago for a cleaning and report of DBS. This upgrade obviously wasn't ready, but they also fixed the focusing pin.

Should have (I hope) a like new camera when I'm done with the upgrade.

6. Thanks for the link!

7. installing...my firmware ver was 1.01 lol :biggrin:
    i wish it did a little more maybe added couple more sharpening steps or better NR algorithms

8. since when did Nikon require one to create an account and validate just to download some firmware?

9. Dayo

Dayo

May 1, 2006
    Bahrain
    I didn't have DBS on mine but since I skipped the previous update, this is likely to be it for the D200 & happy Nikon is addressing an issue with an obsolete camera, I decided to go for it.

Jumped from original firmware to 2.01.

Bought mine April 2006 and it is still going strong.

Way to go Nikon!

10. same here.... :tongue:

11. SteveT

SteveT

May 27, 2008
    Greenville, SC
    No problem with DBS here, but did the firmware upgrade with no problem.

12. Nuteshack

Nuteshack Guest

i had no clue the d200 ever suffered from DBS...guess i should download this..whenever ..lol

thanks for the heads up.

;-)))

13. breadfan35

breadfan35

Nov 23, 2007
    Dallas Texas
    Same here.

14. My D200 has never had DBS but the battery indicator has always been a little strange. It would show a little low after one shot and full charge after another. The battery also runs down too fast, but then I was spoiled by the D100s ability to nurse on a battery for 700 or so shots. Anyway, maybe the update will help. Thanks for the heads up.

15. nancyr

nancyr

Feb 14, 2006
    La Jolla, CA
    Hmmm... Mine ain't broke (1.01/1.00). Should I fix it?

DBS sounds more like my decrepit D70. Is this stuff communicable? And does passing it along to body B cure body A? :rolleyes: 

16. Nancy,

Personally, I think you should. Don't know if it is a disease reportable to public health authorities, but prevention can be useful.

17. JCole

JCole Guest

Me either:eek: 
    I haven't experienced the problem so I feel it's best to not install the firmware update unless I have DBS troubles in the future.

18. Do people do this with their computers too? Do you not install an Apple or Microsoft update just because you haven't seen the problem? Isn't prevention better than cure ?

Just my £0.02.

Ronnie

19. JCole

JCole Guest

Software updates are totally different.
    Remember the D3 firmware update that was pulled from Nikon's website and customers warned not to install it if they downloaded the update:eek: 

20. The truth is that we don't know what's in there. Hence, better let others try it first :wink:

Btw. on another forum (can't remember where) someone wrote that the update fixed their AF problems on a specific lens (I think it was a Sigma).

That being said, I did the update and it went smoothly. No issues so far.

The stupid thing is, I had to install Wine because they only provide the binaries packaged in Win/Mac executables, and I'm running Linux.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.