New D200s/D300?

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by ZBaum, Jul 3, 2007.

1. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

2. D200s most likely - D300 will have to wait until the D3 series actually comes out, lol

3. ZBaum

ZBaum Guest

The first photo IS from the D200, but the second photo has a slightly different "nub" on the door release lever. This new design actually makes sense from an ergonomics standpoint.

4. Aha, I see it now. I didn't catch the captions on your 2 photos right away.

5. All the D200 delivered in the past few months and all the F5 have the new lever. Nothing to do with a D200s.

6. Hi Phil
    just to smile, while reading your long lens list.... but are you a lens tradesman??? Have you still all THOSE lenses??? Or are they the ones you used in a whole photographic life??

7. I can confirm my D200 has the "New Camera" lever. The model identification plate on the base has NKR-D200(B) in the middle.

Ronnie

8. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Mine was purchased 3/30/07 from B&H, and has the lower style lever. If you read the entire thread on DPR, the original poster has pretty well been boiled in oil.

9. Hi, Dino. That's my current list. :biggrin:

10. Logan

Logan Guest

not to say that Phil doesnt have a very nice list, but have you checked out Connie (clix pix) or Andy's (AndyE) lists!?

11. David D. Busch

David D. Busch

Apr 30, 2006
    Midwest
    I always went for quantity over quality, myself, until recently. Who else has a 400mm f/6.3 Lentar pre-set?

Dave

12. R1Lover

R1Lover

Dec 10, 2006
    The second photo is the same as my D200 I picked up yesterday. :)

13. Now the question is, did any other changes get made in the "B" model? Like maybe the noise performance of the D40X?

14. satelite seven

satelite seven

May 14, 2006
    london
    Yep picked mine up last week and my has the little lever too, couldn't live without that little nub!!! I would advise everybody to upgrade immediately:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

15. adrianaitken

adrianaitken Guest

The LCD cover clearly says BM-6 = D200 cover. And as for DPR being a source of information.......

16. Cope

Cope

Apr 5, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    That "nub" allows you to take birthday suit pictures with aplomb.:wink:

I have never seen a D200 with the straight lever, but I see why Nikon tilted it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2007
  17. Butchdog

Butchdog

May 29, 2007
    MN
    I'm still using my D70 and have been putting some money into good glass instead. With that said, I'm waiting for the D200 upgrade.
    Between photography and golf I'm afraid I'm broke.