New D300 Settings

Discussion in 'Nikon DX DSLR' started by dan1942, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Ok I decided just to get the D300.
    Now I just updated to the newest firmware after opening the box yesterday.

My question is if I am only shooting in RAW do I need to worry about the in camera settings for instance I see a lot of people using the DX2modes. This should not make difference when shooting RAW correct?
    I will be using the RAW converter in LightRoom/PS3 (since I already own it) instead of NX2.

THANKS!!!

2. If using Lightroom/ACR the picture settings are not used so no changes are required. Do look for the D300 presets for Lightroom at the One Third Stop website and give these a try.

3. You should maybe give NX a try with their trial period. The results are really quite good!!

Nancy

4. I haven't played with NX enough to really have much to say about it, but I really like using ACR (have always used it for D200 files), and I haven't yet seen any issues with the D300 that would cause me to change. I shoot RAW and I keep reading about NX/NX2 being better at converting the files, but...I just don't really see any problems with ACR. I'll try to find time to explore NX, but right now...not too much incentive.

5. sinigang619

sinigang619

Aug 8, 2007
    San Diego
    Thanks for this tip! I use Lightroom also and can't wait to try this out.

6. Thanks for the help ! I just downloaded the presets for LightRoom and I will give that a shot.
    I will also give NX a shot as well.
    Thanks!