New D3s and stuck pixels...

I'm selling the D700 and just bought a D3s...loving it, it reminds me of the D2Hs i once had, including a couple of red pixels at high-iso....:frown:

I know any camera will end up having these and the Lightroom handles this automatically, but i've been a NX user for years and setting up the Adobe program to match the colour output seems to be a mistery to me.

I'm not willing to take the camera back for something noticeable from ISO 1600, but more evident at 6400 / 12800, that can be handled automatically by software....having it remapped would mean having it sent to Spain (i live in Portugal), and asking for the store for a replacement wouldn't mean i'd get a perfect one....and that would eventually last until i start having the same issue...curiously, my D700 with 73.000 actuations doesn't seem to have any...

Any tips, advice? I'm really loving this camera...

P.S:
The focus-screen doesn't seem to be on par with the Katz-Eye i got for the D700 when i had the Noct....MF is more hit and miss than it was with the D700. Any alternatives for the D3s screen ?

Sandro, To resolve the stuck (hot) pixel issue, try the excellent free utility Pixel Fixer by Thomas Comerford. Web site: www.pixelfixer.org

I've used it to check for stuck pixels when considering purchasing used camera bodies, but its main purpose is to batch fix stuck pixels in raw output files. The D3 is supported and so are most upper end Nikon bodies, or they will be. Doesn't work on JPEGs.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom