1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

new D7200 for $699

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Randy, Mar 8, 2019.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. Wonder what's coming up.

2. D760 and D6 are due
    I was interested in a D760 for walk around on vacation but the 16-80 ruined that. So now it's a D500 and 16-80 which is better anyway, smaller and I already own one. I am finding 3 bodies to be exhausting in determining who goes. After switching last week back and forth between the D500 and D5 the D500 looks bad in comparison

3. That's an awesome deal. In good light that camera still has no equal for IQ. And fps and buffer are adequate for most shooting situations. For anyone on a budget I still recommend it as the best bang for the buck for shooting birds/wildlife.

4. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Tell me why I need this... being honest, and not trolling. After taking a sabbatical from photography, I'm starting to get back into things. Even though it's long in the tooth, I love my d700 and haven't seen a need to upgrade.

5. Great deal, more pixels, more reach, great IQ.

6. The d700 is a good camera and I wouldn’t get a D7200 unless I needed the crop factor for reach. The D7200 can make better pics than even the D500.

7. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    Also, just looking around for reviews, I saw that abes of main has it for $639. I'm sure I've seen several people on here recommend abes of main.

8. Not so sure 'bout that.

9. at base iso i'll take it, the file that is

10. Oh yeah. In good light there's no better crop sensor out there. If I lived in Florida I'd still be shooting one.

11. sypher

sypher

May 24, 2006
    Cougar Country
    How's the video on it?

12. Sorry. I still like the D500 files. Owned a D7200 before my D500s so have tons of files to compare. To each his/her own.

13. D7200 + 16-80 is a stellar travel combo. Replaced my D750 + 24-120 for travel.

14. Nice deal. As much as I've gotten fond of my D500, I kept both D7200 bodies and won't let them go. Here in Florida there is usually no shortage of outdoor light. In my opinion, a D7200 attached to a 200-500VR is the best deal available for legitimate bird photography.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. And as I recall I sold you the 7200 a year or so ago.

16. Actually, it's only $696.95 if anyone is waffling...:D .

17. That does it:) 

18. Yep, used it yesterday at the St. Augustine Alligator Farm with Randy. Still going strong. (The d7200, that is)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.