New D90 focusing/viewfinder issues w/ samples

I know this thread is a bit old by now, but I haven't been around in a while.

Anyway, I, too, have noticed a problem with apparent backfocusing of the body. No matter what lens, aperture or lighting condition, most images are just slightly out of focus. I've tried stationary objects, using a tripod, auto-timer and shutter-up delay - and still out of focus. I've tried apertures past f/15 and still out of focus. Shutter speeds upwards of 1/1600 and still out of focus.

I've tried everything I could possibly imagine and have tried making changes, suggested by oter users. I firmly believe that there may be a few samples of this body that just don't focus correctly.

-Fred

I sent my d90 to Nikon about a month ago and they seem to have corrected my back-focusing issues ...

I have seen this with lessor models of Nikons also. Pro models are calibrated better.

D200,300,D3 have a focus screen height user adjustable. Other models require a screen shim change. DO NOT MESS WITH THE MIRROR STOPPING PEG OR THE SECONDARY MIRROR STOP.

I would return it to Nikon. But my experience is the less expensive models are not made with the same precision.

I sent my d90 to Nikon about a month ago and they seem to have corrected my back-focusing issues ...

How did you explain the problem to nikon? Did you need to send sample pictures? How long was the turn around?

I love the D90 in every other respect, but this focusing issue is really causing me grief.

-Fred

How did you explain the problem to nikon? Did you need to send sample pictures? How long was the turn around?

I love the D90 in every other respect, but this focusing issue is really causing me grief.

-Fred

I just told them that after extensive testing with mutiple lenses that I believed I had consistent back focussing.

Pretty quick and painless turnaround - I'll check and get back to you

Thanks, that would be much appreciated :cool:

With the crummy weather and no family/holiday events coming up for a while, now would be the best time to have the camera out for service.

-Fred

Thanks, that would be much appreciated :cool:

With the crummy weather and no family/holiday events coming up for a while, now would be the best time to have the camera out for service.

-Fred
it took about 15 days, not too bad

I had these issues, but not as bad when shooting sports with the D90.

The majority of the cafe was telling me it was me and my tech, then I started testing.

I couldn't get results from the tests to i just sent the camera to Nikon and like magic suddenly all my photos where in focus again :eek:

the AF system was the major reason I moved up to the D300, usually if it misses s focus i can trace it back to me

Thanks for the info, Chris :cool:

Camaro, there are plenty of times when I'll fully admit that the issue is all related to me, but sometimes, the tests are so controlled, there's no way it can be me. I'd rather the problem be my technique, all the time. I'm not good enough, to have a camera compounding my problems, LOL.

-Fred

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom