New dance look

Discussion in 'People' started by Mitchell, Apr 14, 2007.

1. My oldest daughter spent an hour straightening her beautiful, curly hair last night in preparation for a school dance.:eek:

Certainly a different look, but I missed her curls. She is beautiful regardless.

A reminder of her usual locks.
  2. Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    What was your settings on that first pic? I love it.
  3. Thanks for the kind comments.

I wish I could say I did something different on this one, but it was just the typical settings I tend to use in natural light.

This was taken outdoors just before sunset in a shaded area of bougenvilla. I shot RAW with the D2X and the 85mm, f1.4 at f1.4 and 1/2000. I had forgottent to change my ISO from earlier indoor shots so it was at ISO 400. Matrix metering was used. A little boost in contrast with ACR. I didn't adjust the auto WB. Minimal USM was then applied.
  4. Igor

May 15, 2005
    Ukraine, Europe
    Mitch, both portraits are great. I must say the new hair cut makes your daughter look more adult and definitely beautiful.
  5. eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Hey Mitch, it is quite a change not seeing her with a numeral on her shirt. As I have mentioned in the past, she is very beautiful and has such a contageous smile, I would recognize her anywhere. It's wonderful to see her growing as a young lady, but please tell her that her extended family expects her to see her get dirty in the next game!!!
  6. Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    She did a very nice job on the hair do. She is lucky. Wash n wear or fix and go:>)))
    Beautiful pics
  7. Ah yes, this is a nice look for this beautiful young lady. I hope she had a great time.
  8. You have the most glorious children... she's just radiant!
  9. frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    What a smile! Very nice Mitchell. She does look a bit older with the new hair.

I do the ISO thing all the time. Nikon should have a flashing light in the viewfinder...."Don't Forget The ISO" I'd probably still forget......
  10. Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    The ISO thing is something I always forget to check...I know have it taped to my camera...a little note that reads "check ISO".

you have some really beautiful girls there.

11. Thanks for the kind words, Frank.

She is quite the athelete, but she also likes to dress up with the whole make up and hair thing! Hopefully the sports don't lose her interest as the teenage years and boys arrive.
  12. Thanks, Gordon. The dance was fun and all of her friends couldn't believe her hair!

Thanks, Woody for the kind words. Everyone here has such a love for their kids that it seems to come through in their photos.

This picture does seem to have a glow about it. I can't quite place where that came from. Must have been the soft bokeh from the lens mixed with the diffuse lighting.

13. Thanks to the both of you for the nice comments. I'm usually pretty compulsive about the ISO thing, but when your 11 year old tells you to hurry up and take just one shot before the dance, mistakes are usually made!:redface: