New Drop Art Formations

All of the photos shown below were created by dispensing two drops from two bottles (one containing red liquid and the other one containing blue liquid) and that degree of complexity is a first for me. (EDIT: I forgot that I had actually used that setup a few times.) That setup produced some formations that were different than anything produced in my 37 previous sessions.

Photo #1
Mike 2020-11-13--0267-S.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Photo #2
Mike 2020-11-13--0232-S.jpg

Photo #3
Mike 2020-11-13--0248-S.jpg

Photo #4
Mike 2020-11-13--0251-S.jpg

Photo #5
Mike 2020-11-13--0282-S.jpg

Photo #6
Mike 2020-11-13--0262-S.jpg

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
What a splendid set of images, Mike! You really seem to thrive on the technical challenges! Simply outstanding work!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you to Gary, Allan, Karen and Nick!

Nick mentioned the blue "blob" in Photo #3. I'm quite certain that drop would object to being called a blob. :D Even so, now that he has brought it to our attention, take a look at the rectangular shape within that drop. Your challenge, should you decide to accept it, is to explain what that rectangular shape might be.

Thank you to Gary, Allan, Karen and Nick!

Nick mentioned the blue "blob" in Photo #3. I'm quite certain that drop would object to being called a blob. :D Even so, now that he has brought it to our attention, take a look at the rectangular shape within that drop. Your challenge, should you decide to accept it, is to explain what that rectangular shape might be.
Maybe someone will chime in with a math based descriptor for the blob—which, BTW, IS a very technical term! No insult inferred!
Well, darn, I think the "blob" is acting as a lens, and the blue must be "reflecting"/"showing" your blue tank/bottle.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the "blob" is acting as a lens, and the blue must be "reflecting"/"showing" your blue tank/bottle.
Very close! Without knowing my exact setup, it would be impossible to do anything more than guess the object being reflected.

The background is a gradient printed on transparent acetate, attached to translucent frosted acrylic, and lit from behind by three flash units. The rectangular object being reflected is that printed gradient.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom