New Elinchrom stuff

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by Paul.r.lindqvist, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Elinchrom has update their lienup, new softbox series and and two new compacts, aswell as a new battery pack.

Looks nice. Iv pre-ordered the new batterypack,will have to wait to next year though :smile:

2. Yes Paul, I'm very excited about this, especially the new softboxes. Their line was getting a little stagnent. That new Ranger really looks promising if I can afford it.

3. Well i have no real complaints of the current Rotalux series, but will surely pick up one or two of the new ones aswell.I use my Octalite more then my Rotalux so ill probebly opt for the 175cm and the 100x100.

I cant imagine the new battery pack to be that expensive, its half the size of the RX ranger, and 1/3 of power of the Ranger RX so i think the price will be moderate.

Kindest

4. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

That site is the photographer's equivalent of a candy store, very tempting and way too tasty to just take one item.

5. StephanieHelen

StephanieHelen

Jun 9, 2006
    I am looking into the Innovatronix XT battery, costs about $440 shipped and will be good enough for my elinchroms far as I could tell. Anyone know of any negatives on this battery?

Thanks!

6. I havent checked their compatibility chart as of late, but as long as your models are listed i dont see how it couldnt work.

I dont see any negatives, since it will do what you want it to at a good price. Im however to comfortable with the speed and handling of my ranger packs, and really look forward to try the smaller pack.

Wich supposedley will be avaiable in march 09, and the estimated price was alot higher then i and most people thouhgt 1700 euro. Not that it will stop me getting one pack as soon as i can.

Kindest

7. Rudi

Rudi

Sep 29, 2008
    Australia
    That new 175cm Octa, being a Rotalux, is a standard softbox, correct? (It won't be like the 190cm Octa Lite, with the strobe facing backward.)

I love my 135cm Octa, but to take things further, I think the Octa Lite will still be the way to go (for me). If I didn't already have the 135cm Octa I would be sorely tempted by the 175cm new offering.

The new Ranger Quanta looks very attractive, but it will depend on price. As light and portable as it will be, if it's too close in price to the current Ranger, then I will most probably pass on it. We'll see... :smile:

8. Hi Rudi!

Yes the new Octa is a 175cm rotalux, not a octalite design. I love the Octalite aswell!

The Quanta (according to rumors) will be priced a bit higher then many expected, hopefully it will come down a little.

Kindest