1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

New Era Cap Baseball Classic (Pics Added, Last Pics in this thread)

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by Markb, Jul 20, 2008.

1. Just got back from the New Era Cap Classic in Buffalo this weekend and I thought that I had to get a least one shot up before I turned to more mundane things like work and laundry.....

One of our games was in Dunn Tire Park (Pilot Field) and I was able to capture a spectacular catch about 350 plus yards out in the outfield. Of course, it is cropped a bit:

I've got quite a few pictures to work through from this weekend, so I'll be posting a few more in this thread. Stay Tuned!

Here's a couple more:

Connor led with this close ball on bat, the ball is still compressed:

original.
    NIKON D200    ---    300mm    f/4.0    1/1000s    ISO 200

Tomas was the lead pitcher:

Before the game, the team pitched in to get the field ready (back home, you can't find a ballplayer when you need them to remove the tarp) with some help from the opposing team

And rolling things up as it were:

And even the team manager had a 'major' league moment, but for that picture, you'll have to go to the Sports Challenge thread:wink:.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 21, 2008
  2. Excellent timing Mark cant wait to see a few more

3. Thanks Mike. Many more to come!

4. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very good images Mark, the first one was caught at the perfect moment. I'll be here waiting to see more.

5. Thanks Frank. I'm working through the second game, (first game is pretty much done) and will show a few of those in another post.

6. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Great timing, Mark!

7. wendy

wendy

Jul 5, 2008
    PA
    Great catches! Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing more.

8. Thanks Wendy. Two of the teams we played were from Pennsylvania, and I think one of them was from Pittsburgh (one was from Harrisburg). Look for another thread later today.

9. BrendaC

BrendaC

Sep 24, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    I bet he loved the first one! Great timing.

10. Thanks Jim.

Brenda, thanks. Yup he loved the timing and so did the crowd. When he popped up with the ball in the glvoe, most folks were amazed/thrilled. BTW, the team we were playing from Pittsburgh won the tournament.

11. Update

FWIW, lead sports story this week in the local paper with the first shot, above the fold. (Editors being editors, the horizon is a bit crooked). Everybody happy.

12. edhu

edhu

Jul 21, 2008
    NY/NJ
    great!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.