New Feisol Tripod Model - Sale

Discussion in 'Tripods, Ball Heads, and Gimbals' started by barriosa, Jun 2, 2007.

1. Just in case anyone has been debating on getting a Feisol Tripod. They have 2 new models which are on sale for the 1st 100 Orders only.

Read about the new models here.

2. I'm thinking of ordering one of these models or one of the Berno models.

Anyone have any BAD experiences with Benro or Feisol?

3. Brian-S

Brian-S

Feb 10, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    I've got a Feisol 3301N tripod and it's a great setup. Light, sturdy, solid.

Brian

4. Brian, thanks for the info; do you also use one of their ballheads?

5. rwm1300n

rwm1300n

Mar 27, 2006
    Western NY
    Fred,

I also use a Feisol 3301n. Mine is topped with a Markins M10 head. This combination works well for me. Last week I hiked 7 miles with it and was thankful for its light weight. No problems with stability either. I think it is a bargain considering the price paid.

6. I feel pretty confident in ordering one of their new models just not sold on the ballhead yet. I think I’ll go ahead and get combo six with the CB-50D since it’s such a decent deal. At the very least I can use it as a lightweight spare.

Thanks for the info.

7. Brian-S

Brian-S

Feb 10, 2007
    Bay Area, CA
    I don't use a Feisol tripod head, I have a Benro KS-0 or 1 on mine (I forget). It holds my D2h + 70-200 + TC-14e alright, but I've been thinking of getting a Markins or RRS-BH40 as I think that will be a better combo.

Brian

8. Thanks for the link....

Just ordered both the pod and head....

I'm not sure I'll use the head for camera... But it is always good to have a spare.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2007
  9. - Doug -
    No, prob. I just ordered Option 6 myself. I don't have another head so I'll try theirs out. Let me know how it works out with whatever head you choose to install on it.

10. I looked very carefully at the Feizol and Benro. They certainly offer some of the best values on the market and appear to have good reputations. One of the things that bothered me about the Feizol, though, is the fact they keep changing designs. Seems to be a bit of a "work in progress". (To be fair, though, Gitzo also recently changed their design.) I've also read several reports of Feizol owners eventually moving up to Gitzo as they felt it was worth it the cost.

So I ended up ordering a Gitzo 3530 LSV because of Gitzo's reputation and slightly higher setup w/o column. I'm hoping that it will be the only tripod I'll need so don't mind paying a premium. (fingers crossed!). I'm topping it off with my Markins M20.

11. Geomaticsman,
    I looked into both as well. Both seemed to have begun as less expensive knock off's of Gitzo. Benro even has very similar model numbers to Gitzo's and advertises as "Like Gitzo,only better". I scoured through as many postings as I could on each and the only complaint I found on Fiesol was being too low at the 1st leg lock position. I asked if anyone had any bad experiences with Fiesol an there were no replies so hopefully that is a good sign.

I like that Fiesol keeps working to improve their products. I also like that their newest carbon fiber doesn't have that weave look to it.

12. I am also considering the purchase of the new Feisol and ball head. However, I am concerned about the statement, on their website, that other makes of quick release plates "may or may not fit" their clamp. I presume that I should read that as meaning that "universal" Arca-Swiss type plates will not fit the Feisol clamp. As I do not presently own an Arca-Swiss type clamp or plate, and cannot find specs, on the web, can anyone confirm or deny the plate compatibility?

13. I'll let you know when I get mine but I'm almost positive I read here somewhere that someone used the Fiesol ballhead with his plate from RRS without any problems. I remember reading it when I did I search for Feisol, when I was searching for opinions on their stuff.

14. Cliff I did a search for Feisol ballhead and found this Post.

Basically it said that his kirk plate fit once he removed the safety option but it wasn't as smooth a fit as it was with a different ballhead. Hopefully the newer model works better.

Will post images when I get mine.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  15. Can't miss with this HW. I've been VERY impressed with my Feilsol tripod.

Regards
    JohnG

16. Hey Fred

Can you post a larger res version of your avitar? Very cool image.

Regards
    JohnG

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2017
  17. I like my Feisol tripod, don't know what else I could ask it to do. I have the CT 3371.

18. John G,
    I can't seem to find the original image that was forwarded to me in an email but one of my friends pointed me to this site. It actually has dozens of photos of those furry little photographers.

On to Feisol news; I got an email from them today letting me know that the new model should be shipping on the 21st.

19. They may not have the best tripod but I have to say Feisol has some great customer support. Any email I have sent them is answered in Minutes!!

20. Just under 48 hours from China to my doorstep, wow. I've only had a chance to unpack it but I can confirm that their clamp does work with the L-Plates from RRS. I still swapped it out with my Quick release clamp from RRS, and placed theirs on my monopod.

So far I'm pretty impressed, the legs are a little stiff but that can be adjusted. The only thing that bugs me is the bag is too small to put the legs in with the ballhead mounted. You also have to swing the legs around to their upside down position to fit. The 1st thing I'm doing is either getting a small bag to put the ball head in so it doesn't clunk around or getting a slightly bigger bag.