new flower shots

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by VPT, Jun 6, 2005.

1. f_126_5747.

2. Vinh,

you have an artistic eye. #2 and #3 are very nice abstracts. I like them a lot. If the flower in #3 can be a bit sharper, it will be perfect. Thanks for sharing.

3. Dao, thanks for comment and your kind words.

4. Here are two more.

f_133_8383.

f_127_251.

5. #2 and #3 are my favorites. #2 especially is unusual and #3 has interesting patterns and nice colors. You give me inspiration to shoot flowers in a different way! Thanks for that! :)

6. Vinh, what macro lens do you use?

7. I use Tamron 180mm F/3.5 Di. but want to get rid of it.

8. Cool, #2 is my fav of the bunch.

Martin

9. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Great graphics! I don't have a favorite as the set seems to out weigh the five photos. Really well coordinated. I can see these printed fairly large, hanging in simple dark frames on three walls of a room. And it looks cool!

10. Highly artistic. Nice work!

11. Thanks for all your compliments.

12. Vinh the colors are so beautiful, i am always amaze at all those nice patterns that we can find in flowers.

13. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    Vinh
    Why would you want to get rid of the Tamron as a matter of interest? The pictures do not look like a reason to get rid of it, they're lovely.

14. It's an excellent macro lens, better than Sigma 180mm macro but not as good Nikkor 200mm F/4 macro. I'm looking for a used one but it's hard to find it.

15. patrickh

patrickh

May 4, 2005
    Thousand Oaks
    KEH has a couple of the AIS version, which means manual focus, but is superb lens. Of course if you do not have one of the D2 series cameras you will also have to meter by hand as well. I have a beat up AIS version and it is a delight, but I actually prefer the 55/2.8.