New forum for Retail members

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Flew, Jun 23, 2005.

1. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    As most of you know, the Nikoncafe site is a non-profit operation, set up strictly for the enjoyment and use of our registered members. Because of our phenomenal growth though, we are starting to attract the interest of commercial businesses that cater to photographers.

As a result, we have added a new forum just for businesses that want to participate in the Cafe, including everything from posting their company names, products, web sites, phone numbers, or whatever, to any special promotions that they wish to offer.

The Cafe has no financial relationship with any of these companies. This is just a service to you, the Cafe members, and to our business friends. We will check out each company as well as we can before allowing them to participate, but you should use common sense in dealing with them, just as you do now for any web-based company.

Let's see how this goes. :wink:

2. twig

twig

May 23, 2005
    Since you are a non profit, there is no reason that businesses should not provide a small contribution to help your maintenance costs for their participation in this forum.

I would suspect that the numerous ads from Berger Bros. have alone drawn them sufficient business to help defray the Cafe's hosting/domain costs for some time. Since their pricing to cafe members isn't really that great (don't get me wrong, it's fine, just not an incredible deal), I would prefer to hear about their contributions to the forum before I purchase from them.

I would suggest $50 per business per month would be a decent start, and help you with costs. Though this is a labor of love for you guys (I have started my own forums in the past) you need to think about revenue to help continue the operation.

3. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    twig,

We appreciate the suggestion, but we don't want to be influenced by anything but the best interests of our members. OTOH, we don't want to seem unfriendly to businesses that are attracted by the large membership here. That's why the new forum has been set up.

We hope that the sales of Cafe merchandise will cover our operating expenses. If not, then we may ask for help. 8)

Thanks again.

4. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    Frank

Any time that you and Patrick need "help", I hope that you know that all you need to do is ay the word.

What you two have provided for the rest of us is worth helping out to many of us, I am sure.

5. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Ready to sell your prints in the commercial forum Jim? ;)