New, free cloud storage service

IsamuM

Not-quite-
If you use Dropbox or any other cloud storage service, you might want to check out Copy. It starts out with 15 GB and you can get extra 5 GB increments by referring friends.

Use the following link and it will get you 15+5 GB (20 GB total) and it will get me an extra 5 GB, too. :smile:

https://copy.com?r=Xed6Cr

Note: I am in no way affiliated with Copy, but think that this is a great deal, especially with the way our image files keep growing.

IsamuM

Not-quite-
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you, gentlemen. Much appreciated, and I hope you find signing up to be worthwhile.

I pay for unlimited with Zenfolio and have a Pro account with Flickr, but I signed up so you get 5Gb more. :)

IsamuM

Not-quite-
Thank you both. Hopefully, you guys get some use out of this service, too.

Pretty soon you'll be the Cloud Storage King of Tokyo!

I've already got more free Cloud storage than I know what to do with but I'll give you another 5 when I get home :smile:

I signed up through your link. You should have lots of GB by now...
When the rest of you sign up, it asks for your email and password. Be careful and do NOT use the same password as on your email account.

IsamuM

Not-quite-
You guys rock! :smile:

I'm sitting on 75 GB now and there are six others who need to finish the sign-up process by installing the software or clicking the verification email. (Does that sound greedy? :wink: ) That should cover a couple of days of shooting with the D800. :biggrin:

McQ

Just your average, everyday moderator.
Real Name
Glenn
I'll sign up, but only if you share all that storage with me.

:biggrin:

Just kidding!

Actually, I have a question about it. How secure, relative to other cloud storage products, do you think this one is? I know all cloud storage is vulnerable, but is this a company on par with the big boys of storage?

IsamuM

Not-quite-
Actually, I have a question about it. How secure, relative to other cloud storage products, do you think this one is? I know all cloud storage is vulnerable, but is this a company on par with the big boys of storage?
Since they're so new, it's really hard to say, but one thing is certain: They aren't the big target for hackers that Dropbox or Skydrive is.

Plus, it seems that Copy.com is a property of Barracuda Networks a company that makes networking hardware. That seems like a pretty good pedigree.

Here's a review about Copy. It seems that Copy is having teething problems, but those mainly involve sharing. Since I mainly want it for storage, I'm not too concerned about that and I'm sure it will eventually be fixed.

At least that's my take and I'm sticking to it. :smile:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom