New fuji/voigtlander 6x7 rangefinder!!

Discussion in 'Film Forum' started by gavin, Oct 5, 2008.

1. gavin

gavin

Oct 21, 2006
    Hey everyone! Remember this from PMA??? well, apparently it is a bit more official now! I was lucky enough to attend photokina, so of course I had to snap some pictures for you guys :smile:

is there anyone else that cannot wait??? :wink::wink:

DSC_0347-2008-09-26.jpg

DSC_0349-2008-09-26.jpg

DSC_0350-2008-09-26.jpg

DSC_0351-2008-09-26.jpg

DSC_0352-2008-09-26.jpg

2. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    price?

3. gavin

gavin

Oct 21, 2006
    ahhhhh.... the small detail of price.

The thing looked pretty well made, so I guess it will not come off cheap... I'd say in the same league of a good Bessa with lens? $1k or so? hopefully less :)

4. Really, really did not need to see this...:biggrin:

5. mhcfires

mhcfires

Aug 23, 2007
    El Cajon, CA
    My budget can't handle another wonderful toy. It is a beautiful little camera, but the price will keep me away from it for quite a while.:frown: I have been drooling over it since it was first announced.

6. Ok... I have no idea at all on how such cameras perform against true RF or SLR.. any idea of real pro/cons about that?

7. AR90

AR90

Jan 9, 2006
    Netherlands
  8. Spotted this quote on the Rangefinder Forum from a dealer in Australia who is said to be very well informed on Cosina stuff: (I assume the price reference is in AUD)

Quote:
    Voigtlander "Photokina" News

Having cut my professional photographic teeth using a couple of folding Bessa cameras in the 1950s, I was most excited to see that Voigtlander will release an updated version of these magnificent cameras early in 2009. The new version will be known as the Bessa III (what else???) and will have a very welcome dual format setting. This will give the photographer the choice of 6x7cm or 6x6cm. The camera will feature a built in exposure meter and most of the other goodies we have come to expect in this modern day.
    Price has not been officially announced but the clever money is on the $1,000.00 to $1,200.00 mark. In the short time since the news was released the response has been nothing short of amazing. You can place your order now by contacting [email protected]

9. Well since I've lost several bids on Bessa IIs in the last couple months, for just a few hundred more a Bessa III might be just the ticket. A MF rangefinder of that size is very, very appealing.

10. I'm sure y'all already know this, but Fuji makes the finest lenses in the world, and made a very similar-to-this folder for 645 format 25 years ago that was FANTASTIC...