New "fuzzy head"

Westlake Village, Ca. and 20 mi NW of Prescott, Az
Outside my house this morning........... first shot of the new season.

21488819-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

These guys are just about 3 weeks old.

JG

Thanks Frank

This crew set up shop in the 'farthest' tree of two in our front yard area so the viewing angle is through some branches. Last year we had an unobstructed view and about 1/2 the distance.

I'm also a little lens "short" with the current nest ............... I'm using a 300 AFS + Kenko Pro 1.4X. This pic is a 2 MP crop from a D70 RAW.

Next weekend I'm going to setup a tripod on the roof and hopefully get a better view of the nest.

Regards
JohnG

On the roof.. Thats cool.

Good shot for what you were able to see. Hey I can see them. :>))

Keep posting as they grow..

Thanks for sharing.

Johnnymg said:
I'm also a little lens "short" with the current nest ............... I'm using a 300 AFS + Kenko Pro 1.4X.

Hey John, I know the feeling. When I get a shot like this, it makes me start longing for a 500 or 600 F4. :lol:

Still though, this ain't that bad, especially considering the obstructions. Is that a Coopers Hawk?

Flew said:
Johnnymg said:
I'm also a little lens "short" with the current nest ............... I'm using a 300 AFS + Kenko Pro 1.4X.

Hey John, I know the feeling. When I get a shot like this, it makes me start longing for a 500 or 600 F4. :lol:

Still though, this ain't that bad, especially considering the obstructions. Is that a Coopers Hawk?

It's a very common Red Tailed Hawk. It's a beautiful bird!

Here's one of the parents............ I think it's the female because it's rather large.
21483417-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Yes, I'm lucky to have this nest just outside my front door. :shock:

Regards

Latest threads

Top Bottom