New Glass!

A few weeks ago, I posted about my interest in getting a 20mm/2.8D to round out my kit. One of our new members, chrisb,
had an under-used copy, and was just about to trade it in at his local camera store. He contacted me, suggested a
reasonable price, and then made me an offer I couldn't refuse. He sent me the lens for inspection, and asked that I send
a check if it met my needs. Wow! That's exactly the way I had hoped the 4Sale forum would work when we opened it.

I received the lens on Thursday, and it's a beauty! Not a scratch or ding on it, and it seems to work perfectly on the d70.
Of course, I don't have a clue about how to take a good wide angle picture yet, but it will be fun playing with it 8).

The lens is so small that it feels like I have a lenscap on my camera. To give you an idea, here's a picture of it flanked
by The Beast and my 60mm micro.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

And here's a shot of my car coming out of the carwash today.

View attachment 9529

Chris, thanks for such a wonderful transaction. The check is in the mail :twisted:

Btw, I took my new avatar with the 20/2.8.

Frank,

Thanks for the kind words.
Glad it worked out for you.

If you think the 20 is small you should try the 45P. Not much larger than the rear lens cap.

Regards
chris

Hey Frank,

Cool! :lol: Now that you are getting a little taste of wide, you'll soon find you need wider... and you'll want a 12-24 or similar! That LLD really never ends, you know? ;-)

You say, you took your new avatar with the 20 f/2.8, but I don't recognize you: do you care to post it in a bigger size? :twisted:

Frank,
I also got a 20mm f/2.8 and this is the first picture with it...I was amazed at the sharpness and color right out of the camera--also no flash.

It's a great lens and it took me by surprise,

Best to you and thanks for the lens size comparison... The 45P does make the 20mm look big :lol:

Gaye

He's not a 'reverend'...that's a magnet around the neck :lol:

22981772-L.jpg

Congrats Frank...

You will love the 20 2.8D. It truly is the perfect lens to take with you when shooting a wedding. Prior to owning the 17-55DX I would shoot the 28-70/20 combo for almost the whole wedding. I also used the 135 2DC for candids, however it was a little too close. If you go that route try to get a good deal on the 105 2DC; it's also less expensive and a better lens.

I'll also add one of my favorite samples. Try to guess where I was when I shot this.....It is a very expensive place to visit.

GenoP

PS....There is a hint in the picture.

Nikon D2h ,Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D AF
1/320s f/5.6 at 20.0mm
original.gif

Also good for Architecture:

Nikon D2h ,Nikkor 20mm f/2.8D AF
1/350s f/9.5 at 20.0mm
View attachment 9531

Uncle Frank said:
Those are super, Geno. Thanks for showing me what the 20/2.8 is capable of.

It's a great lens Frank....!

by the way I was standing on the corner by B&H in the city picture...

Notice the B&H sign on the parking lot accross the street. i have to be very careful since I live about 20min away and they have free parking.

GenoP

Primes may be the place I downsize, rather than upsize. Nice.
I'm sure your infectious lens-lusting zealous nature will let us know how you like it.

Vernon t said:
Let's see some shots, man.

I've only got one that's worth sharing so far, Vernon.

original.gif

Latest threads

Top Bottom